You can type here any text you want

PTC converter ID

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HalfDozIN

Filled out a contact form with PTC, but figure it's worth an ask nonetheless, in case it takes them a while to get back, or they don't have the information.

I've had a turbo 400 with a rmvb and a trans brake for some time now. Longer than I've owned my TR for. One of those buys I couldn't pass up, and it's sat patiently waiting for something to put it to use.

Anyway, it came with a PTC converter, that while I've kept with it, I haven't bothered to look much into. I hunted down all the numbers on it tonight, and I found PTC-9TH00-SL. There is a '27427' located separately, which I assume to be a serial number of sorts, perhaps. I'm guessing at 9=9", TH=turbo spline, and SL=spragless? Even if those guesses are correct, there are other questions such as what stator, how it should behave(where it couples best, how tight/loose down low), etc. Might put the 400 in the car for the race season over winter, as I have a 9" and a driveshaft from my other former th400/9" g body setup to go in the car. Curious if this converter has a 'snowball's chance', or if it's a get rid of and buy new situation.

Back