Pump speed low???

TireFryer

The New Kid
So I tested my pump with a “diy” thing I made up, basically but 26 psi of pressure into the map sensor with a regulated compressor and watch the pump spray lol. I noticed that the pump speed and is about half of what it was with my old pump (when it was new a year and a half ago). The old one would blast it out the end of the hose. And this one it kinda just flows with a little umph behind it. When I got this new pump Julio sent me the new one with the pressure switch in the pressure line. I wasn’t told to set it up any differently. It still turns the light green quickly as boost comes up, and I don’t have any KR, but it doesn’t come up on pressure as fast as my old pump did. Are the new ones made to run slower? Can I turn up the pump speed in the PAC controller or something? I’m thinking I’ll rewire it right to the fuse block (keyed source) instead of the power distribution block I have. It ran great for the past three years. Any ideas? Did I miss something in the setup?

-Jaffer

controller
Yes
Think of it a voltage controller
You can tailor your curve to the car if you know what your doing.
This is where looking at pump pressure is key and then coordination between the wideband and knock sensor yields the better tuneup

Also the nozzle rating say m10 is 10gph and this rating is at 100psi of pressure.
Yes adding more pressure allows that nozzle to flow alot more
The McMaster carr nozzles can take 500 psi
So the pump only needs 100psi to give 10gph just like a m15 gives 15gph again at 100psi
More pressure will move more gph.
This is why pressure is so important.

You may have gotten the issue sorted out by now, but figured I'd mention that it might be better to have the motor running when you do the test. Might as well simulate all conditions right? I tested mine with the motor off and then running...and there was about a 40psi difference.

I found out on mine, that with updated pump, had to increase initial in controller to 3 0clock position to get 80psi on test hit and to get system to work and prime as should.

Put Initial at 1 o'clock, should get 50 PSI on the tester.

Very important that pump is bled well. Meaning you run it with hose disconnected from nozzle and let it flow unobstructed. I recirculate back into the tank.