push lock vacuum lines

I heat up the brake line press it over the nipple of the 3 bar and let it cool. it will be on there like a rock. you will have to cut it off to remove it. Also for fittings i use http://www.globalindustrial.com/c/pneumatics/pneumatic-couplings-fittings/quick-connect-couplings
for hose. so far i have ordered from several places. As of right now the best quality hose i have goten is from

http://www.airridefittings.com/store/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart

and the hose is MADE IN THE USA

hope this helps

I did that to put it on the hard vac lines but I used a compression fitting on the MAP and wastegate actuator

Thought I would update this again. The EGR started leaking so I relocated it to the trashcan. Without it in place it made it simpler to get rid of the metal vacuum lines and go with a total pushlock solution.

The PCV is the only rubber line now.

Earlier up there are pictures of how a compression fitting was used on the MAP sensor. The Boost control solenoid was already 1/8NPT so it has them. Compression fitting on the Wastegate actuator to convert it.

That left only 2 places the distribution bloc on the firewall and the Eval canister where rubber lines were used. They also got compression fittings but the distribution block was "in between sizes" It required a little filing to work

The little plastic check valves on these lines were glued into the 1/4 " nylon line with a adhesive line shrink wrap to hold it in place

McMaster Carr has a little Viton check valve that I may try over the winter to get rid of these

What size line did you go with? Mine is much thinner. I think the thicker line looks better! Nice work!

Thought I would update this again. The EGR started leaking so I relocated it to the trashcan. Without it in place it made it simpler to get rid of the metal vacuum lines and go with a total pushlock solution.

The PCV is the only rubber line now.

Earlier up there are pictures of how a compression fitting was used on the MAP sensor. The Boost control solenoid was already 1/8NPT so it has them. Compression fitting on the Wastegate actuator to convert it.

That left only 2 places the distribution bloc on the firewall and the Eval canister where rubber lines were used. They also got compression fittings but the distribution block was "in between sizes" It required a little filing to work

McMaster Carr has a little Viton check valve that I may try over the winter to get rid of these

I know this is an old thread....what size compression fitting is that on the FPR?????

I know this is an old thread....what size compression fitting is that on the FPR?????
I actually just did mine a few days ago. I drilled and tapped for 1/8npt. 1/4" line

IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0723.JPG

Yes, I bought his kit. It's one of the most favorite things I've done. Really cleaned things up.

I typically support vendors but I got all the fittings and more hose than I need for a little over 100. It would have been easier though to just buy a pre-made kit

I typically support vendors but I got all the fittings and more hose than I need for a little over 100. It would have been easier though to just buy a pre-made kit

His comes with a plenum spacer drilled and tapped however you want. And yes, all in one bag. My time is worth something.

Judging by the sounds of things it looks like I created my own issues with these push lock fittings. I used them on my boost controller and some of the vacuum lines under the hood, and I kept getting leaks. So I changed them to #3 Racetronix fittings and teflon lines and that cured the operator errors that I looked to have caused myself.

11111.jpg
222.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Judging by the sounds of things it looks like I created my own issues with these push lock fittings. I used them on my boost controller and some of the vacuum lines under the hood, and I kept getting leaks. So I changed them to #3 Racetronix fittings and teflon lines and that cured the operator errors that I looked to have caused myself.

Wow, very nice

What are you using for the pcv valve?

Using Racetronix fittings and one way check valve for my PCV. I don't have the part#'s, but they are on Racetronix website. From right to left I have a #6 bulkhead fitting 90, a AN #6 120, #6 teflon line, #6 90 into a , Racetronix #6 check valve, and a #6 90 union.

4444.jpg
555555.jpg
666666.jpg

Last edited:
I would have bought the Cruz kit except I thought the spacer changes the Hemco air distribution. However the push locks & nylon lines are great . I tapped into the Hemco for MAP & AIT.