You can type here any text you want

Q on C4HD brakes on g body/b body spindle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOOSTEDGNs

Q on C4HD brakes on g body/b body spindle

my question is whats the difference in the use of b body over g body spindle?
is it the alignment part of this conversion?

Can I use the g body spindle with the adjustable control arms to make this thing work?

Or should I use the B body Spindles?
Either way Ive got the 1LE brake conversion with ub arms Im not using and would be going to adjustable control arms for handling aspect of it.

please anyone and everyone in the know Ive searched the forums and have not found the answer that Im after and wondered if I could hear it straight from a source that is in the know......

thanks in advance and any insight to my question

Alan

BOOSTEDGNs said:
my question is whats the difference in the use of b body over g body spindle?
is it the alignment part of this conversion?

The B Body spindles have a signifigant increase in bump steer compared to the G Body Spindles.

Using the fully adjustable (double) upper A-Arms allows for running more caster, which at high speeds helps to keep the car tracking straighter.

The B Body spindles have a signifigant increase in bump steer compared to the G Body Spindles.

So Bruce what your saying is that to reuse the g body spindle and work off that....just want to be clear in my head before i sort out through the pile that Ive collected and put all the pieces Im gonna put to use in one corner...

Last q just one more whats your opinion on

g body spindle
c4HD 13" brakes w/ cust bracket
kore alum hub for short/cut down hub off thirdgen...for $80

does this sound right? please excuse me for being repetitive

do I cut the same way as b body spindle, just hack the ears off my g body spindle?

doesnt anyone make something to rotate the steering rack to accomodate the b body spindles?
On my mustang thats what someone did make custom poly bushings offset for this purpose....

thanks alot for your time
Alan

BOOSTEDGNs said:
doesnt anyone make something to rotate the steering rack to accomodate the b body spindles?
On my mustang thats what someone did make custom poly bushings offset for this purpose....

thanks alot for your time
Alan
There is no rack on a GN, its a recirculating ball quadrant and sector system.

BOOSTEDGNs said:
So Bruce what your saying is that to reuse the g body spindle and work off that....just want to be clear in my head before i sort out through the pile that Ive collected and put all the pieces Im gonna put to use in one corner...

Last q just one more whats your opinion on

g body spindle
c4HD 13" brakes w/ cust bracket
kore alum hub for short/cut down hub off thirdgen...for $80

do I cut the same way as b body spindle, just hack the ears off my g body spindle?

Yes, use the G-Body Spindle.

13s are more then enough.
Dunno Kore, I just had a stock rotor cut down to use as a hub, for the rotor.

Nothing like that, is on the GNs, ie Rack and pinion.

oke thanks alot guys for your input on this subject

that goes to show me I should be more observant of my gn that means I dont spend enough time wrenching my cars as I used to must be laziness/age.

and Im only 33 :eek:

Alan

g body spindle it is....cant wait to get started..

you could go with s-10 extreme front spindles with dual piston calipers
i did this on my regal . got them on ebay from s-10 warehouse for 250

Back