You can type here any text you want

Tuning help IL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hello, first time gn owner looking for some tuning help or a shop to go through some tuning on my new car. It’s a mild build on E85 and after driving the car for a few days I’m seeing a lot of kr?
Thank you in advance
Potenza performance.
Hello, first time gn owner looking for some tuning help or a shop to go through some tuning on my new car. It’s a mild build on E85 and after driving the car for a few days I’m seeing a lot of kr?
Thank you in advance

Ron is awesome. Super good dude , honest, and knows what's up.

A couple things...
1. The heat marks on the ground straps are not consistent.
2. Why extended tip plugs?

With everything being equal, that engine should run like a top on Erics default settings. You removed 6 degrees of high gear timing if you moved it to 110. I ran CR43TS plugs from my friendly GM dealer. Again, I'm not an E85 guy, so ask for a correct plug. Kindly answer Chucks plug question. You said you're seeing KR slowly leaning into it. I'm taking a wild guess that 340 pump ain't cutting it. Disconnecting the orange wire by the battery will reset Erics chip to default. Put correct plugs in it from a gent on here that's well versed in E85. When you do that, I'd add the whole 20 percent of high gear fuel and slowly lean into it...but get out of it immediately if you see a hint of KR. If the KR comes on a tad later then it ain't getting enough fuel and it needs the bigger pump. I'd contact Eric for pump size, but I bet he's gonna tell you it needs something larger.

With everything being equal, that engine should run like a top on Erics default settings. You removed 6 degrees of high gear timing if you moved it to 110. I ran CR43TS plugs from my friendly GM dealer. Again, I'm not an E85 guy, so ask for a correct plug. Kindly answer Chucks plug question. You said you're seeing KR slowly leaning into it. I'm taking a wild guess that 340 pump ain't cutting it. Disconnecting the orange wire by the battery will reset Erics chip to default. Put correct plugs in it from a gent on here that's well versed in E85. When you do that, I'd add the whole 20 percent of high gear fuel and slowly lean into it...but get out of it immediately if you see a hint of KR. If the KR comes on a tad later then it ain't getting enough fuel and it needs the bigger pump. I'd contact Eric for pump size, but I bet he's gonna tell you it needs something largerlol
With everything being equal, that engine should run like a top on Erics default settings. You removed 6 degrees of high gear timing if you moved it to 110. I ran CR43TS plugs from my friendly GM dealer. Again, I'm not an E85 guy, so ask for a correct plug. Kindly answer Chucks plug question. You said you're seeing KR slowly leaning into it. I'm taking a wild guess that 340 pump ain't cutting it. Disconnecting the orange wire by the battery will reset Erics chip to default. Put correct plugs in it from a gent on here that's well versed in E85. When you do that, I'd add the whole 20 percent of high gear fuel and slowly lean into it...but get out of it immediately if you see a hint of KR. If the KR comes on a tad later then it ain't getting enough fuel and it needs the bigger pump. I'd contact Eric for pump size, but I bet he's gonna tell you it needs something larger.
thats the odd part everything was set on default and it ran amazing would pull very hard, I drove it for a couple days then out of no where it started pulling timing. I only replaced those plugs because that’s what was recommended to run with those heads. I guess I could call champion heads on Monday and see what the recommend running. As far as the fuel pump it’s not running out yet I installed a gauge and taped it to my windshield to today, set base do at 45 and went and ran it easy pressure never fell and would rise with whatever boost I put on it.

Pressure vs volume are two different things. When you install the recommended plugs, add 20 percent 3rd gear fuel. If the KR comes on a little later, then I'd guess you have a fuel delivery problem. Again, as soon as you see a hint of KR, get out of it.

I have installed a wideband and the afr drops down in the 10’s -11 so I don’t believe it’s a lean condition. I have -8 -6 fuel lines already. I removed the knock sensor cleaned and retorqued to 14 ft lbs. replaced the plugs with Ngk ur6’s and am going to install a gauge on the windshield to watch fp. Nothing is hitting anywhere that I can see and I’ll start getting kr at around 10 psi just easing into it, a lot more if I stab it. I will order the power logger today if it’s beneficial
Just an FYI if you can, change your AFR setting. You don't want 10-11 with 85. That's a gas reading. You want to be around the 9 range with 85.

Also you should see no knock with 85. Not saying it isn't possible, but E85 should be roughly 100+ octane. So check for everything that could be giving you false knock(wiring included). I had a crack on the yellow wire(at the ESC module) causing knock reading issues. Got a new set-up from Casper's & fixed that issue.

Also Scoob has a valid point. Check your fuel pump & pressure. I run E85 with 120's & I run a DW400 pump w/10 gauge hotwire, & I ran a 10ga ground from the pump back to the battery.

Just an FYI if you can, change your AFR setting. You don't want 10-11 with 85. That's a gas reading. You want to be around the 9 range with 85.

This is one place I always have questions. Doesn't the wide-band measure lambda (or is it stoich?), the gauge just converts it to a number that is the scale you want? I run a flex fuel setup with my Holley and keep it on the gas scale as that number makes more sense to me. E85 might be a bit different on where max power is but my car seems to like it more like 11-11.5 on the gas scale.

Back