You can type here any text you want

quadrajet backfiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bspencer8

sandturbo
i was having problems with the secondaries sticking closed on my quadrajet. It on a v6 turbo motor. the motoring was idling at about 4000 rpm. i turned off the engine and it back fired hard. i was out in the dunes and before i got back to camp, it back fired a couple of more times. after i got the secondary sticking problem fixed and the idle working correctly, it now would stumble and backfire as i revved the motor. while driving, if i revved it slowly through the rpm's it seems to run fine but if there is any kind of load, such as going up a hill, it bogs down with no power. it also does it just revving it from idle. does anyone have any suggestions for fixing the problem?

If it was a conventional carbed engine then I'd say timing. I still think you might have a timing issue like the timing chain and gears may be damaged.

It sounds like a huge vacuum leak to me. That would create the high idle and the unwillingness to rev. Could be a fuel delivery problem but that doesn't fit with the high idle problem.

Maybe the timing chain slipped.....few teeth broke. If the chain has never been changed check the firing order. The OEM sprocket uses nylon teeth. They always break. Worth checking out if it backfires and you still have the OEM.

Back