You can type here any text you want

Question about a cloth interior TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fastbird

I recently bought and the sold a cloth interior TTA. Both the window sticker and invoice show the leather interior option. I did not question it when I bought it because I had previuosly looked at a cloth interior car and it's window sticker also stated leather interior so I figured that they were all printed this way. My problem now however, is that the person that just purchased the car thinks that I misrepresented the car and wants to return it. Does anyone have any information on this situation? It doesn't make sense that someone would pull the leather seats out and put cloth ones in and still maintain the original window sticker and invoice showing leather seats. If a person did this you would certainly think he or she would not offer the laminated window sticker and invoice with the car. Any information on this will appreciated.

under standard equipment it will always say leather seats on these cars, cloth was an option. If its a festival car as far as you know, its POSSIBLE the window sticker wont show it. But on the right side it should show options and eitehr have an option that says "-Leather" or "+Cloth seating surfaces" or something to that nature, and very likely a deduction on the price too.

Could also have the guy check for the options sticker in the center console.. if that matches the VIN and has the cloth seatiung option (i dunno what that is tho, it might be AQ9), or also if thats missing check under the back seats or inside one of the door panels for the build sheet.

HTH

Where the back seats high back?? If memory serves the only way the get the high back seats was in a TTA or an 88 GTA notch back. I have seen a TTA with a gray interior that was swapped in from another TA or Firmula. Looked great but not high back back seats. I guess what I am saying, along with the other suggestions, is that if the back seats are high back and the interior is the right color you can be about 99% certain that it is correct. The only other ways to do it would be to pull an interior from another TTA (very few cloth), pull interior from an 88 GTA (probably harder by the time you find one in the right color, and cloth. I am guessing in 88 you could get any color and leater as well but I may be wrong. Not to mention the few notch backs built, like around 624) or I guess you could have bought it from GM when the parts were still out there.

As for the console, to be honest if I was going to go through all the trouble to change to cloth I would have kept the origional console so that, at the very least, the VIN matched the dash. Few people would look or know how to look far enough to see the RPO code was wrong. You, however, never know.

BTW, stupid thought, but do you have to correct window sticker? When I got my car it had a copy of a TTA sticker withit but it was not the correct one. Wrong VIN.

brent

Thats cool, mine should be running sub #1457 times with the propain and ET-Streets :D :D as soon as I take it to the track again.

Fastbird : if you look on the inside of the console you will find a list of "standard, and optional" equipment for your (old) car. This list also lists the interior trim. The "sticker" is VIN specific and was printed for each car so it will also have the serial number of the car on it. I have a 1989 parts book that translates those numbers into descriptions and would be happy to fax you the pages that describe your (old cars) trim - be it leather or cloth. I just need the code from your label. Hope this helps, Turbota

Fastbird: A quick follow-up to my last reply. I just looked at my (nbr 70 festival car) trim number on the console label and it shows the number 66D right after the paint code of WA-8554. It is also shown above that in the option list. So if yours says 66D and the buyer still thinks you are trying to pull something give me a call - I could use another festival car. Thanx - Turbota.

Fastbird,
I think you are the guy who has been emailing me about a window sticker for my TTA Festival Car. I scanned it and emailed it to you today.

- Dave

turbota, Thanks for the info, I will forward this to the guy I sold the car to and have him check it out. davege, Actually, the person I sold the car to is the person that has been emailing you but thanks for your cooperation. Thanks again guys.

Fastbird,
If you would like to email me your email address, I can send you a .jpg file of my Window Sticker (#90 Cloth Interior Car).

The Cloth was standard on these cars and Leather and T-Tops were the only options. Configured the same way as a GTA.

I have also herd of a dealer who removed the cloth interior in a TTA and replaced it with leather when a car was new in 89.

- Dave

SuperDutyDave@hotmail.com

davege, My email address is bryantbuildingproducts@yahoo.com Thanks, I appreciate it. The person I sold the car to has been trying to send it to me as well but I'm having trouble receiving it. turbota, I have been told the console sticker has been scraped off. I'm starting to smell a skunk here. I don't know who the original owner was but the car was sold new in North Carolina, the second owner was from South Carolina, the third owner was from North Carolina, I was the fourth owner(Ohio), and I sold it to a guy in West Virginia. Someone has changed this car and fraudulently misrepresented it.

Fastbird,
Sent you a copy of my window sticker just now (1:49PM Pacific Time).

- Dave

davege

1989 TTA #90 Festval Car 5K Miles
1989 GTA 5.7 19K miles
1979 10th T/A (SD455 engine)
1974 SD455 T/A
2000 Silverado 2500 4X4 Tow Vehicle
1990 Wife

Where did you get married to a 13 year old????

Ha...
You know that looks pretty funny when you say it like that. :eek: I will have to change it. :o LOL 1990 was the year we were married.

1961 Wife is more like it.

Thanks,
Dave :rolleyes:

Back