You can type here any text you want

Interior question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whistlingT

Limited's Rock
I have been restoring the interior of my Limited and have a question on codes and would like a picture of a car with similar codes.
Mystery:
YR1 SEAT FRONT CUSTOM

YS1 SEAT REAR CUSTOM

YT1 BUILD UP, CUSTOM DOOR AND QUARTER

Picture of interior seat with this code:

AM6 SEAT,FRONT SPLIT,3 PASSENGER WITH CENTER ARMREST
Car has leather with the console unsure if that is correct or not just want to go back to RPO code stock.

Thanks

Turbo limited 87

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116-212144_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116-212144_Gallery.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20231116-212040_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116-212040_Gallery.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 39
Sorry to hijack your thread but wanted to post somewhere relevant.

Anyone tell me about this interior? In a black on black Regal Turbo T. Not a WE4 (has hood ornament from non turbo!?) and has no RPO sticker.

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_2049.jpeg

Anyone tell me about this interior? In a black on black Regal Turbo T. Not a WE4 (has hood ornament from non turbo!?) and has no RPO sticker.

Many thanks in advance.

View attachment 400484
The 1987 Buick Regal base model could be had in the Y56 package. Just didn't get the lc2 but got everything else.

Many thanks in advance.

View attachment 400484
Those are not original for an 87 Regal. Look to have been recovered as the base and seat beat thing on the head rest look like an 87 would have. Even the back seat looks to have been redone.

Attachments

• 004-1987-turbo-buick.jpg
    004-1987-turbo-buick.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 18
Thanks all. It’s a car I’m looking at to buy. It’s a strange car though…. The odd interior and it’s black on black but with a non turbo hood ornament…..odd.

Here is the vin: 1G4GJ117XHP430680

Should be a turbo car, still need to see the cowl tag though. Could be a WE4 with aftermarket header panel like mine after a few accidents.
Painter was too lazy to fill the hole up with bondo when he painted it or source the correct rare turbo hood ornament. :(
With production in the 30000 built range for that year it's most likely NOT a base black 1987 Regal with the turbo engine in black.
The cowl tag would have the original paint code on it.
If you are doing this from a distance hard pass without a lot more data and inspection. :eek:
Looks like a repaint with riveted on side molding over rust. Missing arm rest modified interior etc.
Steering wheel is rusty too. :oops:
Just my .02.

Can't answer your question, but have one of my own that's somewhat related. Has anyone with a limited figured out how to get the front seats to fit a little more upright? Mine lean back so far I feel like I'm at the dentist when driving.

Can't answer your question, but have one of my own that's somewhat related. Has anyone with a limited figured out how to get the front seats to fit a little more upright? Mine lean back so far I feel like I'm at the dentist when driving.
the seat frame gets bent down over time. I have leaned them forward and pushed/bent them back to make them more upright. hard launches will do it and just time and wear and tear will too.

Should be a turbo car, still need to see the cowl tag though. Could be a WE4 with aftermarket header panel like mine after a few accidents.
Painter was too lazy to fill the hole up with bondo when he painted it or source the correct rare turbo hood ornament. :(
With production in the 30000 built range for that year it's most likely NOT a base black 1987 Regal with the turbo engine in black.
The cowl tag would have the original paint code on it.
If you are doing this from a distance hard pass without a lot more data and inspection. :eek:
Looks like a repaint with riveted on side molding over rust. Missing arm rest modified interior etc.
Steering wheel is rusty too. :oops:
Just my .02.
Thanks bud. Yeah, my gut is to avoid but the price is very attractive! I know it’s a false economy 😇

Back