You can type here any text you want

Question about factory rocker arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Waco84GN

Member Boost-aholics anon
I have two different style rocker arms from different 3.8 motors. I am trying to determine which are factory, which are aftermarket, and one set (marked L & R) is obviously offset in the push rod cup area. Are these the preferred rocker arms to try to prevent the push rods from rubbing on the heads?

I had an 85 unopened HA motor that had the unmarked non offset push rods in that motor so I assume those are stock, but it also looks like every pushrod from that motor was rubbing the head as well.

Is the offset in the rocker arm to correct the pushrod angle down to the lifter?

offset rockers are marked L & R

The supposedly factory rockers are not marked and are not obviously offset.

Which are correct? Which are better to use?

Thanks,

Jerry Jr.

View attachment 156133View attachment 156133

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    639.8 KB · Views: 95
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    637.8 KB · Views: 93
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    690.3 KB · Views: 101
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    616.3 KB · Views: 92
All the OEM ones I've seen weren't identified as Left or Right and didn't have offset pushrod holes.

Neal

I have 3 set in which I believe to be factory and they are all marked L & R also my all data information show L& R installation guide

I have had about 15 sets and only had one set with L and R. Either set can work, with the best choice being the one that aligns everything better in YOUR engine. Put each set on and check alignment. One would ASSume the non-offset ones would be best for wear and strength purposes, keeping pressure applied to the center of the rocker instead of one side.

I'm not sure what application the L and R rockers are actually for either, but the original rockers that came on my 86 (and are going back in) are NOT marked.

My original '86 rockers aren't marked either. I've used a few sets of Sealed Power rockers and they were marked L & R.

Back