You can type here any text you want

question about razors alky kit hook up....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTAfreak

ok, where spefifically are you guys hooking up your "switched power" source??

here is what is happening.

anywhere I hook my hotwire from the kit in the fuse panel for my power source screws up that particular item. for instance

hook into the radio fuse.....radio doesnt work.
hook into the injector fuse.....car wont fire.
hook into the ignition location.....car wont do anything. completely dead.

I thought I had the problem solved yesterday.....because i hoooked into the radio fuse. decided to turn the radio on today,and NOTHING.

im lost. where exactly should I hook this kit up to a switched power source??

thanks

You should see (if I can remember right) a couple of accessary spots for the hot wire to go . I think they are labled acc. 1, Acc.2, ect. See if you can find them.

Are you hooking it up in series or parallel? If you are taking the wire off the side of the fuse box that's series and will affect the voltage of the crest of the circuit.

Ex. Fuse Box----Alky-----Accessory you spliced into on fuse box.

Now if you make it like a Y for the hot wire and then use a common ground for the Alky.

I'm not sure if this is your problem or not but just a suggestion. Also I wouldn't suggest using something like injector or ignition when hooking it up. The added resistance will create more current so you may blow the fuse.

ok, you are talking to an electronics RETARD. so please dumb this down for me.

I hooked up the kit EXACTLY like razors directions state.

the black box with the kit has the ground and hot wire comming off it.

I grounded the black wire and need to hook the red wire to a "switched power source" like the directions say.

now...im sorry for being dumb, but explain exactly where this red wire should go.

thanks

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
You should see (if I can remember right) a couple of accessary spots for the hot wire to go . I think they are labled acc. 1, Acc.2, ect. See if you can find them.

ok, this worked.

man I swear me and electronics just dont mix.

thanks for the help.

Ill let you guys know if something else stops working.

LOL.

Yup.. dont hook it into the INJ spot. Thats a bad thing.

One other way is to use a relay to transfer power.. whereby the ignition is switched on and the relay "clicks" transfering power from the batt/alt. This is done when scantools like T-link are used.

Any other issues, post or give me a shout.. i'm back in the office.

J.

thanks Razor. I think I finally have it figured out now.

it only took my electronically challenged brain 2 days to get it squared away. ;)

hope you had a great time in BG and thanks for taking all my calls while you were away.

you sell a top notch product and you are without a doubt the most helpfull person ive met since I got this car.

thanks again.
Jeff

Back