You can type here any text you want

Question about Spray and Alky injection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darkside8889

Ok, I have a N2O single fogger wet kit coming off my formula in favor of a direct port wet kit. Want to put it on the TTA and spray a small shot out of the hole (thinking going to start around 75ish).

Anyway my question is can I spray the car and use alky injection at the same time or would the wet kit act in a smiliar way as alky injection and cool down the intake charge with the extra fuel and the N20? Currently the turbo is stock making around 18 lbs of boost, no KR on scanmaster and 02 staying around .800.

Another question, How much abuse can the stock longblock take (cam, timing chain, and valve springs new) with around 150,000 on it? Previous owners were gentle with this car

Alcohol is an anti-detonation agent.

Nitrous is not.

Nitrous will make the boost climb big time while the button is down. Running higher boost requires higher octane.

Now heres where it gets tricky, alcohol needs temp to flash, like 60 degrees uncompressed, or like 80-90 degrees with 20+ PSI boost. Nitrous is is like -300 degrees? Will they both work in unison this way.. dunno. Maybe using an alcohol nozzle like at the IC, then the nitrous nozzle at the throttle body.. so by the time the alky goes past the nitrous nozzle..its flashed? But this is all speculation becuase I havent found any information on the subject, let alone as it applies to our cars. And i'm not brave enough :D .. its hard enough keeping things together when you start throwing boost through the motor. Then go throw some spray to already aggravate a detonation problem.

The cooling affect afforded by nitrous is not a detonation control. If your motor let says shows 3-4 degrees KR.. you shoot alky into it.. the KR goes away. You repeat the test with nitrous..it will multiply many fold.

Lastly on a stock turbo.. you dont need any help spooling it up. Unless the car has the wrong torque converter. Then the fix is replace the converter, not want to spray it.

I ran a pretty much stock motor, stock turbo, stock injectors on alky 12.08 at 112.5 23 PSI. Some have gone faster.. some slower. get it to this level, then make your decisions.

HTH

The 1/8 mile was with a turbotweak chip and it was a 23/20 at 28 PSI. With a 51 turbo

The 1/4 mile was with an Extender 23/21 at 27 PSI. Same turbo

The 51 has had a burnt exhuast wheel now since mid last year.. so it was hurt.. still made power tho. hence the 67 upgrade. And the 2800 Protorque wasnt going to handle any more turbo size wise. Hence the converter.. I really wanted 3400.. but got a 3600 ohh well.. hehe

Stock IC at the time on 93 Amoco + alky. And still. I think the big turbo will work great at 23-24 PSI on alky.

The car currently has an ME-r(16pos), front mount, 3600 9x11 L/U, a TE67(Monday), and an eager driver :D

I love playing around with tuning.. its a great thing to see differences and compare notes.

Thanks, never ran a boosted motor before so I'm not completly familiar with all of the do's and don't yet. Please bear with me whilest I learn. My motors so far have all been stricktly V8's on the bottle (haven't lost one yet so I must be doing something right;))

I was able to get it to hold about 2 pounds of boost today from a dig on street tires. I'm figuring 5-6 at the track on my ET streets. I'm going to try and make it to gateway tuesday for their T&T. I'm hoping to go 12's on my ET streets and draglights. The SOTP feel is it should, my formula did 12's on motor and the TTA feels at least as strong

My only advice is do lots of reading for the next few months.

Dont race unless you can monitor knock, and learn the car.

They can make tremendous power.. but the walls can come falling down really fast if your not careful.

So ya never raced a 2 bolt block, 231 CI, cast crank, cast rod, motor, cast piston motor at high power levels..

Chevy's can take some abuse.. these can too..until you detonate them.. doesnt take much to drive over the crank.

Scan tool scantool SCAntOol .. pick one.. and watch knock is job 1

:D

Back