You can type here any text you want

Question about using a Mityvac

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboclam

I bought one. The instructions are not totally clear on how to sucessfully bleed the brakes. I have always heard of starting at the wheel farthest. The instructions say to start at the closest wheel. Do you have to hand pump the fluid out into the syphon jar or do you have to build pressure up with the hand pump then break the bleeder open until you get two inches of fluid in the jar? I would appreciate any suggestions. Seems like the more I bleed the more air I get in the lines. Oh and I have replaced everything besides the steel lines i.e...........hydroboost, master cylinder, calipers, proportioning valve, rear cylinders. Doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere. Thanks

I have done it both ways using a mityvac hand pump...pump up to get some vacuum...open bleed screw until vacuum is gone...then repeat...also have done it by just opening bleed screw and pumping until clear fluid comes out...I'm sure either method is fine...don't see how air could get into the system doing it either way as your not pumping the brake pedal...I now have the mityvac system that hooks up to a compressor...little more expensive but much more efficient/fast plus my hand doesn't get tired pumping a 100 times or more...

Did you wrap the bleeder screw threads with teflon tape before you began vacuum bleeding?

Zeus

Thanks for the heads up. No I didn't use teflon tape on the bleeder screws. I will try that. Thanks

Back