You can type here any text you want

question for the european tta owners:

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bird of Prey

hi there

to be able to license my car in austria, i need alot of input, technical input. i need exhaust data, kat data. does anyone of you have papers where all specific data of the tta are stated? overall length, loudness (Decibel), official gas mileage a.s.o...

would be grateful for help. (i need scanned papers pls)

thx

matt

Hello Matt!

Really, do you need all that data to register the car in Austria?

That sucks man....

What we need to do here in Sweden is;

Bring the car to the gouverment controlled teststation with the import papers of course.
I gave them 2 copys from the net that stated the hp in the GN.
The testguy and i measured the lengt and wide of the car.
We have the O2 test here, both at idle and 2500 rpm, car was way under the already low numbers (emission chip).

The biggest problem we have is that we are not allowed to have red turning lights in the rear and orange in the front, (allowed before 1975) but we can mount temporary lights on the outside of the rear lights and then remove them around the corner....

But, get papers and data from a ordinary Firebird, you mabe have them in some register there?

Personally i have never seen such data youa are asking for.

What we can help you with is only what numbers we get at the registration here in Sweden.

From where did you get the car?

And me dumb ass even don't know if you are members of the Europe Union?

The trick is that if you are member and bought the car from another country that is a member there are no problems to license the car.

/ Uffe, earlier TTA owner

that's the trick, uffe.

austria is in the EU (since 1995 btw), and i bought the tta in switzerland, which is not in the EU.

i already paid all the taxes, the car is now legally in austria.

the thing is, if the government says they want to make an exhaust-test, this costs me about 3000 euro! (approx. $ 4000 ) no way, man!

furthermore, red turning lights aren't allowed here either.

i am going to ask at the place where to license the car, which papers i have to bring, exactly.

do you think i would pass the O2 test easily with the original chip?

thx for help

matt

Matt,

They have tould us the same thing here in Sweden that import cars from third country needs to get a exhaust test for approx. the same amount you stated.

I don't know how your system works in Austria but here in Sweden we have to take our cars every year to the test station where they check exhausts, looking at rust, brakelines, testing the brakes on a "dyno look alike", check that all lights are working etc....

After all, what they do with import cars is to check and compare other cars to the one you owns, epecially the exhaust but i have never heard of any one in modern time to pay $4000 for the test, all this is done at the test station at the registration of the car.

We have the O2 numbers set at a specific number, don't have them in my head right now but i think that a stock TTA can pass the test here in Sweden.
The problem is that no one of the stock TTA's hs the same O2.
When i registered my GN with well over 500bhp, i put in the emission chip and the test equipment showed; 0.0 and 0.0 and 0.0, i asked the testguy if all was ok with the numbers, hehehe, he never looked at the display and tould me that he has to check the numbers first.....

An emission chip for your stock TTA is about $20 incl. shipping.

I have one that i don't need any way, could ship it over for you if you need it.

For your information...

I imported my car 2 years ago. It was totally stock with 13 k miles. (I am also from Sweden) It came thru the emission test easily with the stock chip and stock cat.

Daniel

okay, thx daniel

i just came from the place where to license the car.

they want to see the car first before telling me which papers to bring. oh oh.. hehe

my car is stock, that's the positive aspect.

probably i will have to change the headlights (must have the E sign on it), in the rear, i have to install yellow turn lights (eeeek) a.s.o. we will see.

i will report then.

matt

Back