You can type here any text you want

Question on replacing the brake power switch?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

Should I disconnect the battery first before replacing the brake switch on the powermaster?

I left my batt hooked up. You might have to reuse the o-ring on your old switch though. IIRC, when I got a new switch it didn't come with it...

Make sure you depressurize the system though!!!!!!!!
Key off, pump the brake pedal at least ten times until it gets hard to press!!!!

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

10-4 I already did...I tryed listening to the motor for the humm..to see if it was still working because the PM fuse blew(Brake light is on steady ever since). My hearing is not that good, I even had my hearing aids on. I think the PM motor's working. Anyways replaced the fuse after that I felt the motor with my hand, it was warm. I'm going to try a new brake switch, I'm not going to bother replacing the fluid inless the brake light goes off. Afterwards yeah for sure I'II flush out the fluid. If the switch doesn't fix the problem, my guess the motor/pump maybe is no good

Last edited:
Back