You can type here any text you want

Questions about getting a TTA?!?!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hey guys,
I got my friend into TRs and TTA. He really loves TTA and why the hell not, their SWEET!!! I have some questions about getting a TTA. It would be great if my buddy could pick one up. What is a fair to low price that my buddy maybe able to get one? He really does not have much money. Do you think that he could get one for under $10,000? Also, where should he look for one, on here?

Thanks,
Jason

All the TTA owners have complained how the value of these cars continues to not be recognized. These cars keep declining in value while the GN's and TR's seem to be increasing of late. I know there have been some decent sales prices on Ebay, but these are usually really low-milage cars.

There were a bunch of guys selling decent TTA's below $10K on the TTA list. You might want to join that list and ask around.

Here's how to subscribe:

Send an email to tta-list-subscribe@89tta.net

In the email body type:

subscribe tta-list your name

Obviously replace "your name" above with your first and last name.

You will get a confirmation email saying you have successfully
subscribed to the list.

The address to post to the list is tta-list@89tta.net

Any questions, problems, etc can be sent to me - 89turbota@89tta.net

If I could buy another car for fun, it would be another TTA hands down. I bought mine off of this site and would buy again of this site. Lots of good info. in here for keeping these some what testy cars healthy.

Defenitly look in the for sale section in this site or post that you are looking to buy one(that's what I did) I had two to choose from...both great deals.I chose the closer one to look at and bought it that day! Your price range is a good start.

The value on the 1550 car's that were produced is very low for now but will pick up . The thing is only 14 yrs old..... Time is money;)

Just have fun with it and value will come with patients.HTH:)

TTA Value

I am going to disagree with the statement of losing value according to NADA here are the values low retail 15,400 high retail to 19,100 you have to understand that these cars are unique and it will be a special buyer that would want one. First not many people know about these rides. And there is allot of crapy GN and TRs out there there value is not going up people are just asking allot. I draw alot of attention with my TTA then I did with my GN. And mine is for sale on this site no 857 13,500
see cars for sale JUSTAV6

I personally don't believe most cars are selling for NADA prices.
It was the same with the TR's until recently.

But I do respect your opinion and your observations may be contrary to mine.

When I was on the TTA Iist I saw quite a few cars with reasonable miles and some nice aftermarket mods and the guys were asking $10K-12K and begging for offers.

I'd love to see the market improve.... as we all would.

I dissagree mark b! Keep the price as low as it can until I get mine, then jump as high as it can go!!!!:D ;) :D ;)

Jason

I hear you Jason! If I could get anything close to what I bought mine for, I would CARRY it to the buyer!

It's like the stock market - everyone wants to buy low and sell high. Of course I'm still working on that one.... I buy low and sell lower.

But I'm not going to be unhappy if sales prices are coming up and the NADA is actually what cars are selling for.

Remember - just find a seller who thinks it's a GTA with just a 6 and wishes it was a V8 instead :-)

Tell them you'll take that dog off their hands cheap!

Originally posted by mark b
I hear you Jason! If I could get anything close to what I bought mine for, I would CARRY it to the buyer!

How many miles on your TTA and what did you pick it up for? Just curious as from your comment it seems as thoguh you now feel you did not get a very good deal at all.

I'll have to be subtle about this one because it's a long a painfull story.

4x,xxx miles, paid $15K about 2 1/2 years ago.

Car had lots of bolts-ons including a new shortblock with 168 miles on it.

Unfortunately..... several "large" items are NG.

At the time it looked like a reasonable deal, but I saw cars with similar bolts-on (but not all of them) asking $12K and selling for much less.

It's all relative I guess!

Back