You can type here any text you want

Questions for pre-purchase of a TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
if i were to be picking up a TTA what specific questions should i ask the owner if i cannot see the car in person?

Ask the owner if the rear spoiler has any cracks in it. Does he have the owners kit? Have any original parts been removed? If so does he have the original parts. Original tail Pipe extensions, and plug wires are very hard to come by.

- Dave

If its in the Dallas, Ft Worth area, You could contact Captain Mark to look at it and report back to you....

Or, post in the TEXAS Forum to ask for assistance. I think there is a good chance that someone in the local Texas area may know the car, or look at it for you. :)

leeb

how do i contact Captain Mark?
thanks i will try posting in the texas forum, but i don't want anyone to snag the deal from us. :mad:

oops. the TTA is not in texas. i got two different ones confused with eachother.

I hate to say it..

You want advice, strike your deal and be clear on conditions, give the seller a deposit to hold the car, get on a plane and go look at the car.

Your better off losing 1000 bucks than buying a flaming POS.

Unless the car has 10K miles or less.. anything and everything is way possible.

Its worse than marrying a girl you have never seen...it can be extreme joy or extreme pain.

And if it sounds too good to be true.. it usually is.

Originally posted by Razor
I hate to say it..

You want advice, strike your deal and be clear on conditions, give the seller a deposit to hold the car, get on a plane and go look at the car.

Your better off losing 1000 bucks than buying a flaming POS.

Unless the car has 10K miles or less.. anything and everything is way possible.

Its worse than marrying a girl you have never seen...it can be extreme joy or extreme pain.

And if it sounds too good to be true.. it usually is.

thanks for the info. its a genuine TTA so we are not concerned with too much else about it. the deal we are getting on it is pretty good. i am just curious if there are any specific TTA things i should consider asking the seller such as the intercooler scoop.

Originally posted by 87GNcospg
how do i contact Captain Mark?
thanks i will try posting in the texas forum, but i don't want anyone to snag the deal from us. :mad:

Dang!! I was ready to spring into action!:)

thanks for the info. its a genuine TTA so we are not concerned with too much else about it. the deal we are getting on it is pretty good. i am just curious if there are any specific TTA things i should consider asking the seller such as the intercooler scoop.

How bout has the motor ever been blown up, heads ever been off the car?, timing chain replaced, turbo seals ok?, rear main seal replaced?,is the transmission flaring, ... if its been rebuilt, by who/when/how much?, does the rear end howl, power antenna work, has it been repainted, rear hatch motor work, factory radio ther?, steering wheel controls work?carfax is clean?, does it leak oil, how bad is the drivers seat, how hard is the leather, are all the emblems there, headlights go up and down, body lines are tight, rust on under carriage, rust on floor boards, rust on suspension bolts, rust on core support, rust around door hinges, rust rust rust?, and again if your paying 5k for it.. then what does all of this matter. If your paying 20K... then it matters a lot.

There's your check list.. depends on how good of a deal if any of it matters. Mileage dont mean squat.. since all it takes is a few seconds of overboost to turn the nicest TTA into a pile of crap when the wrong shop gets theyre hands on it.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Dang!! I was ready to spring into action!:)

well if anyone is in the minneapolis/st. paul area and wants to do me a favor then let me know ;)

well if anyone is in the minneapolis/st. paul area and wants to do me a favor then let me know ;)

I'll be there from the 14th (about 5pm) till the 16th, care to give me any info and maybe I can go take a look (it will really piss off my family since I am going back for a family renunion, but that wouldn't make me lose any sleep). At least tell me where it is and maybe I could have my brother in-law take a look (definate car guy and I could walk him through it on the phone). If it is north if the twin-cities you are in luck.

P.S. I graduated from Blaine Senior High (BS High) MN.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
I'll be there from the 14th (about 5pm) till the 16th, care to give me any info and maybe I can go take a look (it will really piss off my family since I am going back for a family renunion, but that wouldn't make me lose any sleep). At least tell me where it is and maybe I could have my brother in-law take a look (definate car guy and I could walk him through it on the phone). If it is north if the twin-cities you are in luck.

P.S. I graduated from Blaine Senior High (BS High) MN.

wow turbo buick guys (and pontiacs) are some damn good people. well the owner of the TTA should be calling my father in the next couple of days. i will get more info and let you know. the car is currently sitting inside a showroom of a Pontiac dealership. i am not certain of location since we did not expect to look at it ourselves or for anyone else to do it for us. the deal is pretty much set but it would be nice for someone to look at it for us anyways before we received it so we know what we will have to be working on when it arrives.

Back