You can type here any text you want

questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbowannabe

I have an 86 GN with concert sound II. I looked at the speakers in the dash and the ones in the trunk and they look like they are aftermarket. Sounds really good with my 1000 watt amp and 2 fosgate punch he's in it, well one now since i blew one yesterday. Well my question is, is there supposed to be speakers in the doors where is sticks out and says conert sound II. I listened to them both and heard no sound comming from under either of them. I didn't try to take the things off the doors because i don't know how to and don't want to break anything. If there is supposed to be speakers there how do i take the covers off? I'm currently selling my Gn but either way since i'm blew one sub out i'm goin to buy 2 concept 1000 watt max subs and maybe a capacitor, it'll sound really good. If i do that i might get into some stereo contests. I saw a pic of another GN at a contest at a local stereo store. If you have any info please let me know

thanks
dan

Yes, there are speakers behind the CII covers. They are 5 1/4". To access them, you have to take the lower half of the door panel off. First, remove the two small screws inside the part of the arm rest where your hand goes when you open the door. Slide off the top of the arm rest cover. Then remove the two large philips screws which hold the armrest to the door. Lastly, unclip just the lower half of the door panel and drop it off from the bottom. You'll have to undo the door lock electrical connection to remove it all the way. The CII speakers are connected to the door itself with four screws. That's it. Not really too bad.

Back