You can type here any text you want

Quick IAC question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOZ

On the felpro, the dash board screen, what should I look for to varify that the iac is all the way closed?

The IAC target number will tell you what the ECU is telling the IAC motor to do, but it isn't really a "verification." It isn't possible to get feedback from an IAC motor so all we can do is tell it where to go and assume that it works. The only way to truly verify that the motor is closed is to get in there and look. :(

Hummm, I just ask because resently the car started to idle 100 rpm higher then what the felpro is programed to do. I will have look deeper, thanks.

If the idle speed is too high and won't go down, the IAC target in the dashboard will probably be stuck at 10, which is the lowest it will go. If this is the case, you need to check a couple things.

Make sure the Max TPS for Idle setting is set one number higher than where the TPS reads at an idle. This will make sure that the ECU is using the IAC to control the idle speed and not lock it onto the settings in the throttle follower graph. Then make sure that the settings in the throttle follower graph are not set so that the IAC can't go low enough to get the idle speed down. Keep the graph setting in the area where the TPS sits at idle as low as you can set it, and then set the throttle blade so that the IAC is open about 20-30 counts in park.

Be sure to look in the help stuff on the www.fuelairspark.com website. There is a lot of info in there that will further explain these settings and how to go about getting it right.

Back