Quite an appetite for GN's...

hold on to your cars, and try to take care of them, i heard through the grave vines, they are going to double up in price in the next 2 to 3 years due to the interest of some serious collectors, regardless of what you own, GN/TType, or GNX, they will go up in price mark my words. :)

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see mid- 80's Monte SS going for some serious dough an poeple are buying them!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this may have been the 1st yr. a TR has actually came through the Barnett Jackson Auction an caught a lot of attention.. I have had a couple of TR's myself an no quiet a few RICH guys who are always asking me if I know where a nice one is forsale... Funny thing to me is that these guys want them just as they were when they came off the showroom floor catilytic convertor an all.. Which I can see why in some cases, but there are few far an between.. There a guy here his name is Devan Lowe he has a dealership here Orlando an NC. Hes got a storage building over in town thats got like 5 GN's an 4 TTA's that have no miles.. Guess he knew something way back then too!!!! There are very few cars such as the TR's of the 80's to present that can pull some good money in good condition.. Even ZR1's aren't that hot of a item, sure there was a lot of technoligy in them but the current C-5 with a more basic LS1 will eat one up.. An that C-5 will not be woth nothing compared to a GN in yrs. to come.. Funny thing about GN's an other sure if they are low mi. an cherry sure you can sell it an make some money.. BUT can you replace it??? If it was up to me I might have to keep it.. Or do like some GNX owners an drive it then when you get ready to sell it connect the tranny cable back up!!! Not...

Originally posted by wiked87gn
hold on to your cars, and try to take care of them, i heard through the grave vines, they are going to double up in price in the next 2 to 3 years due to the interest of some serious collectors, regardless of what you own, GN/TType, or GNX, they will go up in price mark my words. :)
Sounds good to me! Looks like I've got a winner :)

.....and he's been bidding on this one. Six days left, so plenty of time to 'run it up' too...:rolleyes: Not too selective when it comes to mileage. ;) I have a feeling it will be interesting to see how the feedback develops...

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
That's just Paul JR from Orange County Choppers! He must have a hanker'in for GN's! Prolly buying them for them all to race on a show of OCC! Just my guess :eek: But ya never know! :cool:

What makes you think it is paul from OCC? The GNX being resold is being sold by a car dealer in Texas,buy a guy named Paul JR..

total

I actually did a total from the beginning of march and the total comes out to around $200,762.28. Thats quite a freaking bankroll if you ask me. If he is buying the stuff just to turn around and resell the stuff on ebay, that seems like a pretty risky business to me. I mean if the bidding doesnt go as high as the price you bought it for then you're SOL if you know what I mean. Anyways if the guy is just messing with people's auctions then he needs to have his account cancelled or something to stop this guy from screwing with honest buick owners money. Man think about it. You see that your regular 86 GN is going up towards $10,500 and you only paid like $5k for it man you would be getting real excited until the guy backs out on your deal and then you're just real mad. :mad:

Jerry Berger

Originally posted by Gn-ing
What makes you think it is paul from OCC? The GNX being resold is being sold by a car dealer in Texas,buy a guy named Paul JR..
The 2 auctions links above are from the same seller, so the paul that won it on the first auction is not the one selling it in the second auction this time around, so I'm not following what you're saying here... "Ask for Paul" was on the first auction in which "pauljr129" won.

Hmm, look at the second auction now, that jerk off is bidding on the second auction now after not completing the deal from the first auction on that GNX....ebay needs to suspend his account!

ebay rating for items under $25

The strange part is that his past history of buying ebay items are mostly between $7 and $25 to give him an excellent bidding history. The only real meat is on a GNX molly jacket for $147 or so. Also, Paul Jr is a NEW ebay member less than 30 days.

Which makes you wonder if the guy is just screwing around playing games. If he really wanted a GNX and now there is one with no miles, which one would you want, GNX with 25,000 miles or 45.0 miles or both.

Buy a couple daily drivers and a couple GNX's, maybe we will see him in a magazine. If I had the money I would do the same.

As for ebay rating, what do you expect when you buy items for under $25 a pop. These are for items he won. As for rating from GN purchases, no feedback for money spent over $500 or $5000.

Something sounds screwy here Batman.

Last year I saw GNX 85 for sale and they were asking $55,000, it looks like the prices are going back up. Because GNX 340 had 92 miles and he couldn't get higher than $40,000. But the kicker is that Paul Jr wasn't playing ebay sellers, back then.

Maybe he is just playing around, because he sure is getting lots attention from GN people, look at this thread....

Just the facts...

It seems like it's getting harder to sell cars on EBay instead of easier. Either some jerkoff runs up the price with no intention of following through with the purchase...or some goof in a foreign country starts emailing the bidders and trying to scam them.

I should probably email the seller of the GNX that pauljr bid on, won, and backed out of to ask them why they didn't leave negative feedback? They could have saved others from going through the same crap.

edit: just emailed the seller of the GNX to see why they haven't left negative feedback for pauljr?

Originally posted by 19gn87
A situation like this makes me feel bad for sellers/legit buyers. Sometimes I wonder if eBay shouldn't consider collecting bidder's fees prior to one's participation on 'collector' car listings...no simple answer I guess.....
Am I repeating myself? :)
Let's see some brainstorming...anyone have some 'practical' answers/ideas?

I think I know who it is. I haven't talked with him in several months BUT i'm sure it's him. I won't say his name but if some of you would THINK about it, you'd know who i'm talking about.

Thanks for the riddle, buickman.

Could you find it in your heart to tell us if the guy is a serious car buyer...or just a clown out to wreck GN and GNX auctions?

Originally posted by buickman69
I think I know who it is. I haven't talked with him in several months BUT i'm sure it's him. I won't say his name but if some of you would THINK about it, you'd know who i'm talking about.
If your assumption is correct and it is who you think, will he purchase the cars he's won or is he playing games?

He must be some what serious, looking at the items he did buy and get positive feedback for...they are all GN/TR items like , T-shirts, GN keychains, a bunch of magazines with GNs or TRs mentioned in them, etc.....I don't think a single item he has purchased was not Buick something or another....

Originally posted by slim
Thanks for the riddle, buickman.

Could you find it in your heart to tell us if the guy is a serious car buyer...or just a clown out to wreck GN and GNX auctions?

If it's who I think it is, he has the LARGEST collection of T-Rs and parts. Has 1 and i'm pretty sure 2 GNXs NEVER dealer preped still with the plastic on it, tags on the tires, etc. AND a warehouse full of Buick T-R parts that he WON'T sell!

I'm going to contact him and see.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
If your assumption is correct and it is who you think, will he purchase the cars he's won or is he playing games?

He's got the money.

TRUST ME!!! :)