You can type here any text you want

race gas and alky?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevyII

Anyone injecting alky with race gas to cool the intake temps? I know it prolly overkill for detonation but heard somone talking about it....???

Ten years ago, when the alky injection was just being really explored, there were some interesting discussions/theories about gas and alky. Essentially, the higher the octane of a gasoline, the less BTU's or potential energy in a given amount. The thought was, use the lowest octane gas you need to supress detonation with the alky at the boost level you want to run, and you get more power and quicker times. In other words, using 116 race gas with alky would surely prevent any detonation at, say, 24 lbs of boost, but you would run faster if you could run the same boost with alky and 94 octane. Whe I used to run alky, I could run 24-25 lbs boost with AvGas and alky, with no detonation (20 lbs on 92 octane), with an old KenneBell Hot Flash chip (like 27 degrees timing.) HTH.

Back