You can type here any text you want

Raced a Motorcycle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Devil Car

Need for Boost
It was a normal warm day out (approximately 100*), and I am driving home when I see a pretty nice Harley cruising up ahead. I don't really know much about Harley models, but it was one of the bikes that is sportier (not a Fat Boy or other cruiser). As luck would have it, I pull up next to him at a light.

We both look over at each other, and I give him a thumbs up and tell him that I like his tattoo. Then, I hear him shift it into first. At this point, I'm not sure if he is going for it or not, but just to be safe, I put the shifter in first.

When the light finally changes, I hear him gun it, so I do the same. He definitely had the jump, and I only left at idle. Nevertheless, I immediatley start pulling on him. By the time he hit fourth gear, I had blown past him.

At the next stoplight, he has a big grin on his face, and he said, "I always thought those things were fast." I told him he had a nice bike, and he told me that he had changed rear cog, and it had killed the top end for him (I wonder how bad I would have killed him if he hadn't had the bottom end :D).

When we line up at another light, I start revving it, because this time I want him to see what happens when I leave under boost. However, I think he had had enough racing, so the launch was nothing more than enjoyment for myself and my passenger ;)

I was pretty surprised I beat him considering the high temperature out and the fact that I was only running 16-17 PSI (compared to the normal 19-20 I usually run).

Back