You can type here any text you want

Raced a Ninja

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

seeyabye

One of the boys that works for me has a 05 Kawasaki Ninja 600. All day long he talks about how fast his bike is, and that no car could ever stand a chance against him. Monday the weather was nice, and he went home during lunch to get his bike. He let me ride it up the road, and I must say I was impressed. This thing does 60 in first gear! I know that sport bikes have a crazy power to weight ratio, but it is still amazing to see how fast they can accelerate. It is hard to beleive that any car would have a chance. I was just about to leave for the gym when he came up to me and said that he wnts to see how bad he can beat my car. I told him that he would win by a wide margin, but he insisted on giving the mechanics and wrecker drivers a show. I let my car warm up for a few minutes and backed out onto the service road in front of the shop. He pulled along side me and did a little burnout. I built about 1 psi of boost, and he gave the signal. We took off with me spinning like crazy. I let off a little, trying to get the tires to hook, but still spun half way through second. As soon as I hooked, I put one car on him. As I shifted into third, I had two cars and pulling. By then, we had to shut down because the end of the road was fast approaching. I was shocked that I won. He hung his head in defeat, and I pulled back up to the shop. One of my wrecker drivers who is a Mustang guy was mysteriously quiet. Not too bad for a 3800# daily driver on pumpgas and radials. The best part is that there were 5 witnesses! We agreed to another race that will be videotaped.

Thats awsome man :D Bet he almpst crapped his pants. Those biles are flippen fast!

Good Kill. I am confused though, because you drove it and told him his bike was faster and would win. So is the bike faster and he just can ride, or is his bike slower and you were saying that to be humble and boost his confidence.

Good Kill

Im about to post mine about how the 1956 Clean Corvette Convertable tryed to take on the GN today after work.

Probally just felt like it was faster. I ride in low cars like my cousins mustang and friends DSM and they all feel faster than my car but when it comes down to it I blow them away. GN's are deceptivly fast I think they feel slower because they ride so high off the ground. Nice Kill

The bike felt a lot faster than my car. The guy can ride pretty good, he was all the way up on the tank and he was giving it all it had. I guess when you are on a bike it just feels like you are really flying. :cool:

Nice KIll!

I've also tangled with a couple of croch rockets, just put it this way...They both got spanked pretty bad. The TE-45A is just a bad a$$ turbo period. What heads are you using anyway, stock, champion?

I'm currently using stock heads. The motor that is in the car now is my spare, so I'll be putting some champion aluminums on the other motor when it gets rebuilt. I have not been to the track yet, but the old combo went 12.2@115 with a 2.3 60'. The new combo feels a lot stronger, plus the new converter should get me out of the hole quicker. :biggrin:

Sounds like you finally worked all the gremlins out of your system....who was it so I know whose chops to bust next time I'm through there??

I don't know... At the track you see the guys that know how to ride turn mid ten second runs on those crotch rockets all day long.
I have no doubt that the GN is a fast sucker!
But, bikers who know how to ride can turn some real speed on those things with zero mods.
It sounds like a young kid who is easily impressed by shiny things and bit off more than he could chew. If he isn't careful, that bike is going to kill him.

uh, what bike, besides the hayabusa and those other big bikes turn mid 10s?? I think the ninja is a low 12s bike.

NOPE!!!

I ride a CBR 600RR and know a lil bit about these kinds of bikes. Ricky Gadson, a local but nationally known pro drag racer, took a stock 05 CBR 600RR (tied down the front forks with a strap) 9.9x!!!!! It made the cover of a sport bike mag. I believe the cover of the mag shows him doing a burnout on a silver CBR 600RR.

So a new Ninja can run 11.xx with a semi experienced rider. I have the best of 11.9 on my bike. The launches are key with any drag race, mine needs work.

Purple87SS said:
NOPE!!!

I ride a CBR 600RR and know a lil bit about these kinds of bikes. Ricky Gadson, a local but nationally known pro drag racer, took a stock 05 CBR 600RR (tied down the front forks with a strap) 9.9x!!!!! It made the cover of a sport bike mag. I believe the cover of the mag shows him doing a burnout on a silver CBR 600RR.

So a new Ninja can run 11.xx with a semi experienced rider. I have the best of 11.9 on my bike. The launches are key with any drag race, mine needs work.

Ok thats one guy, but that is pretty crazy. How did he do that??

GNguy said:
uh, what bike, besides the hayabusa and those other big bikes turn mid 10s?? I think the ninja is a low 12s bike.

Tons of bikes run in the mid-10s.... I have an '03 Suzuki SV1000 that mags have run 10.89 at about 122 mph, but that's with pros riding. With me on it, it's probably a high 11 bike, lol... I don't care, it's still fast as Hell. 0-100 in 7 seconds with your front tire barely skimming the pavement is fun :D

Here's a pic for sh*t's n' giggles ;)

Bikes are an interesting race. I beat an R6 back when I lived in Vegas with my girlfriend in the car. Told some friends about it and of course they didn't believe me. Happened to have one of those guys in the car with me the night a new R6 tried me in Bakersfield. We ran from a roll and we went until I hit the revlimiter in third with him a few carlengths back. He gave me a big thumbs up at the end.

I hate it when people say a car can't beat a bike or make up tons of excuses when it happens. I have three under my belt all with witnesses and I've never been past 19psi with the new motor. I don't see how some of these things get the ratings they do. I know my car doesn't run anywhere near a low 10 at 19psi yet we ran one race from a roll where launch/rider doesn't play much of a roll. Anyway, good kill!

Back