You can type here any text you want

raced a vr-4 and 87 supra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
well i raced a mitsubishi 3000gt vr-4 the other day. my car had the mods in my signature and i was at 14 lbs of boost. my car is pretty much stock and does not have a posi. well we take off and i am about a car or so ahead of him and i am posi'less and he has all whell drive :eek: . well i start to get towards the top of 1st gear and i can tell that my car is going to stumble (its a problem i have been tracking down, it seems to be a "rev limiter", valve springs, blah blah blah). i can tell because it did not shift when it normally does. so i had to let off the gas completely for a second and then slowly ease back into to get to 2nd gear. well we got up to about 90ish and i was still about 2 cars in front of him. :sigh: if i could only build some boost off the line and my car wouldnt stumble between 1-2 than i could have made the vr-4 feel even worse.

the same night i raced my friends 87 turbo supra. me and this guy have been competing with eachother for a while. i have beat him in every race (before my mods in the signature so the car was completely stock and posi'less still). i have beaten him when he was stock and with his current mods. he has an upgraded turbo, full 3inch turbo and back exhaust, fuel pump. profec spec b II boost controller(?), HKS SS BOV, bigger intercooler piping, a massive intercooler from a truck, and i think some other little things. he was at about 12-13 lbs of boost. well the night we raced i had the current mods in my signature. he got a car ahead of me in 1st and 2nd then when he hit 3rd gear he got about 3 cars in front me. it was a sad night because i finally lost to him. its weird though because that was the first time i lost to him but it was also the first time i raced him after my little modifications. its like i got slower.

You have a scan tool right? And your car is tuned for max boost without KR right? If the answer is yes to both it's time to get an alcohoul (sp?) or propane kit or start running 100 UL. 22# of boost on the sreet will handle most cars you'll come up against. :D
Also remember that every time you change something on your car, it needs to be re-tuned for maximum performance.

Back