You can type here any text you want

Raced an a-hole driving a Viper

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89mulletbird

I raced a Viper on PCH Monday after work. The guy was a **** though and wouldn't let me roll on next to him. He just tried to dust me before I was ready.
The first time was at the red light by my house, headed north. He took off hard so I nailed it 1/2 sec later and my front end stayed right next to his driver's door until we let off at about 50mph. I asked him at the next light how much HP he was making and he snapped at me "425" and wouldnt talk anymore. I think he was upset his $80k car didn't dust me.
So I followed him through the wetlands and he turned around at the bolsa chica entrance so I followed him in the U-turn but he nailed it before I got up next to him and then he pulled about 3-4 car lengths by 100mph.

I tried to pull up next to him to give him a thumbs up, but I think he was too pissed off that an old Trans Am hung with him. He started swerving through traffic to get ahead of me.
I think I could have taken him in a fair race 0-60.

What year Viper has 425HP?

I'm not sure about the HP on the Viper, but I have discovered that most (and I didn't say ALL) Corvette, Viper, Porsche owners can be jerks. I was at a cruise-in one night and a guy in a C5 walked up and asked me about my car. After we talked for a minute he proceeded to tell me he never much cared for the Gn's and thought they were overrated. He kind of hurt my feelings but, I just told him when I turned 50 was stuck in a job I hated, my wife left me and my wang quit working I'd buy a vette too. :D

1995 and earlier R/T10's had 400 and then 415 in '96. I don't think any had 425. He probably has mods on a 400 HP car.

GTS's and '97 up R/T10's had 450 HP.

He kind of hurt my feelings but, I just told him when I turned 50 was stuck in a job I hated, my wife left me and my wang quit working I'd buy a vette too. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

:D Now THAT'S funny! And true...

It was probably a Gen 1 ('92-'95) with smooth tubes and K&N filters. That's probably where he got the 425 from. I used to own a '95 Viper and trust me, he was probably acting so pissed off because he was uncomfortable as hell sitting in his glorified kit car. Man that was the worst money I have ever spent on a vehicle!

Back