You can type here any text you want

Rack and Pinion Conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

itsgood2bejoe

I've had my GN for a few years now and I am really unsatisfied with the steering. I understand that it's not a porsche but I'd really like if when i took it out and had it one the highway and road the steering didn't feel so crappy. I've done center link, bushings, balljoints and other stuff but I'm still not really happy. I have a friend who did a rack and pinion conversion on a old 50's chevy and loves it. I've been looking to try and find one that fits the g-body but haven't been sucessful. Does anyone know of a company that makes a kit or perhaps someone who has done this themselves and could give me some info. Thanks

Theres a thread in the StageII section.I too thought it would be a good mod till I looked deeper into the mods nessasary to hang a rack on a G-body. This mod (I think) is best left to full blown race cars,because to do it right,you are pretty much re-constructing from the firewall foreward.

Back