You can type here any text you want

Radiator Oil Cooler Fitting Part Number

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heg87t

Slightly Compressed User
Hey,

Does anyone know a part number for an AN adapter for the factory radiator oil cooler lines?

OK... Does anyone know what size the fitting is? 3/8 flare?

3/4-16

Peter

Thanks for the help Peter.

Are they NPT then or straight cut like a bolt? Seems like straight to me thinking through it but I have been wrong before. :tongue:

Do you know a part # for a -6 AN fitting that will work?

No it won't. Needs to look like this. Hope it helps, Dave.

Peter

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 230
PITA I had to weld an AN fitting on the original fittings, years ago.

I hope somebody comes up with an adapter.

Yup...

PITA I had to weld an AN fitting on the original fittings, years ago.

I hope somebody comes up with an adapter.

I spent about 2 hours last night searching the internet for an adapter.
No luck. :mad:

My only thought now is to make or find a 90 degree bent tube about 3 inches long with flare on each end. I could use the brass adapters out of the oil cooler adapter on the engine to adapt the tube to NPT. From there I can make the change to AN fittings and run the lines.

I can get adapters, they are inverted flare EXPENSIVE! They fit the stock radiator oil cooler ports and allow the use of -8 steel braided hose. Was thinking about putting my oil cooler kits back on the site but people balk at the price. Maybe I will throw them up on the site this weekend.

Looking at $25 each plus shipping! Got a batch coming so I can put my oil cooler lines back on the site. These allow use of -8 braided hose. Pictures installed on my GN shows them capped off as I am not running the oil cooler right now. Ran the -8 hose for years without any issues. Just wanted to simplify the motor compartment a bit.

Attachments

• radiatoradapter.jpg
    radiatoradapter.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 238
  • adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 201
Looking at $25 each plus shipping! Got a batch coming so I can put my oil cooler lines back on the site. These allow use of -8 braided hose. Pictures installed on my GN shows them capped off as I am not running the oil cooler right now. Ran the -8 hose for years without any issues. Just wanted to simplify the motor compartment a bit.

Wish these adapters were available years ago. I had to pay my welder big $$.

I can make them if you guys want. Just need to know the details.
I would like to run -10 AN lines to my Alradco radiator. I would need -10 AN male to I believe 3/4-16 inverted flare. Are those available?

So the adapter needs to be 3/4 -16 inverted flare to AN -8 or -10?
I can check at work tomorrow. We do allot of hydraulic stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIC 37* 1/2 is same as -08AN, JIC is whats used on hydraulic stuff
the 5/8" would be is same as -10AN but havent located any

for a cooler the -08AN is fine OE line was just 1/2" OD ..-08 is 1/2" ID

Last edited:
fwiw -08 AN thread size is 3/4-16 . although its not going to be a proper seal to the flare seat in the rad cooler a -08AN orb should screw right into the radiator and should seal with an oring or a doty seal and you can get -08ORB to 10an from summit
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at985009erl/overview/
That sounds like it might work. Have you tried this? I wonder if a rubber o-ring would work best. I've seen some with a nylon ring.

Back