You can type here any text you want

radiator problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

creeper71

I have a problem, I hope it's not what I think it is... I am using plain water in my radiator cause I'm lossing water an don't know where... yesterday I went to put water in it an it had foam at the top of the radiator it looked like hot cococa (like swiss miss) I did put some clog stuff in it a few months or year ago an never cleaned the radiator.. I'm hoping this is causing the problem or maybe even rust cause it is orginal radiator..... an not a blown HG.....

I have a problem, I hope it's not what I think it is... I am using plain water in my radiator cause I'm lossing water an don't know where... yesterday I went to put water in it an it had foam at the top of the radiator it looked like hot cococa (like swiss miss) I did put some clog stuff in it a few months or year ago an never cleaned the radiator.. I'm hoping this is causing the problem or maybe even rust cause it is orginal radiator..... an not a blown HG.....

Running plain water without any anticorrosive additive is not a good idea. How long have you been running plain water?

Running plain water without any anticorrosive additive is not a good idea. How long have you been running plain water?

since about may of this year...this is what my mechinac told me to do..I asked are you sure it won't hurt an he told me in the summertime it doesn't matter.....

since about may of this year...this is what my mechinac told me to do..I asked are you sure it won't hurt an he told me in the summertime it doesn't matter.....

First thing you need to do is find a new "mechanic".:smile:

It matters a whole lot when you run JUST water in your cooling system. With the dis-similar metals and a liquid you have a battery. This will cause corrosion, rust and disolve the aluminum components when fluid contacts those parts.:mad:

You MUST have the proper additive to protect everything in your engine.

For lots of info on cooling systems, go here:

How To / Info

As a side note, your 20+ year old radiator is "worn out", and should be replaced.

Back