You can type here any text you want

radio problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA 1077

This must be the year for issues with my car! For a while now my steering wheel controls have been dead but the radio still worked. Got in today started the car, turned on the radio and enjoyed listening to tunes on the old 80's paper speakers. I had a slight smell of burning bacon but thought it might have been the construction air wafting in through the vents. I arrived at my destination parked and shut the car off. When I started it back up NO radio:mad: No time readout no power no nothing. I took out the radio and nothing appeared to to be burned or melted:confused: Is there a common problem with these radios or did I just get lucky?:mad: Does any one fix them or should I just watch e-bay?

radio

Hi,
That's irritating, to be sure.I have not suffered these problems yet with the hi end etr, but I have certainly seen a lot of partial failures with the cheaper etrs, usually the right channel craps out. Are your interior lights still working? The reason I ask is that radio memory power is on that circuit. Burning bacon, huh. I think you fried a speaker. They suck anyway, so time for an upgrade.I haven't seen one take out a radio fuse, but I guess it's possible.Check it, anyway, 10 amp.
Good luck with your issues!

Hi,
That's irritating, to be sure.I have not suffered these problems yet with the hi end etr, but I have certainly seen a lot of partial failures with the cheaper etrs, usually the right channel craps out. Are your interior lights still working? The reason I ask is that radio memory power is on that circuit. Burning bacon, huh. I think you fried a speaker. They suck anyway, so time for an upgrade.I haven't seen one take out a radio fuse, but I guess it's possible.Check it, anyway, 10 amp.
Good luck with your issues!

Lights still work, can't tell if it was a speaker because the radio is totally non functional. I checked all the fuses, all good, wire harness, all good. It must be internal within the radio unit it self. It's just odd the way it happened, first the steering wheel controls about 4 yrs. ago and now the whole radio:confused:

Back