Radios for Daytona

batmansbuick

Superhero
Looking for recommendations on some of those walkie talkie/type radios. We need some for our upcoming caravan to the Daytona Speedway show.

Last year we had someone blow an intercooler hose at the back of the line and no one knew, we just kept on truckin' leavin him behind. Eventually he made it.

With some radios in the front and back of the caravan we wont have this happen again.

Thanks for any info.....

George,

Keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Mike and I used some audiovox radios during the trip to Reynolds. I think telepathy would have made for clearer reception. Motorola seems to have the best, plus they have "subchannels" within the 15 or so FRS channels. Believe me, there will be so many radios at Daytona, you'll need the extra channels or you'll find yourself talking to a lot of other people. The radios are coming with 5 mile ranges now, also look for radios that will accept and ear piece, makes it easier to hear while in the car. I'm staying in the middle of the pack, if you see me pull over, I need help. :)

Mike

Radios

Anybody have the Nextel phones? Direct-connect.
One in the front and one in the back:D

Jeff