You can type here any text you want

Ramblin's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Chris, you need to come on IRC to the turbobuick chat room and you can probably catch Dave Bamford (nick is usually topgun) and the rest of us bums. I know Dave had a bad FAST ECM in one car, and has had problems several times with the DIS-4 also. I am not sure if he resolved the whole mess.

At any rate, I think you need to go bigger! Bigger! BIGGER!!!

Whew...sorry, I'll calm down now. Sounds like you're flying in any case..

Originally posted by ChrisCairns

The never ending process of upgrading. :)

The lag of the 88 scares me....and the small increase of an 80 worries me that it ain't enough.

Anyone got any suggestions? Hey, suggestions for someone else are great to make....they're cheap.:D

If you don't want to entertain switching to twins... Based on what I think you want to accomplish (both impressive ET runs, and going rounds and having a reputation as a tough foe in Pro Tree competition), I agree with the gist of the foregoing: Go Bigger, no reason not to, unless you are worried about insurmountable weight penalties for a light car at certain Buick events. Look at all the people who have and are happy. Get the converter/cam right, leave hard and rip off the numbers. Sorry to harp on this - I know you are concerned about it - you can always dial it down for softer launches, QUICK staging, and reproducible R/T on a Pro Tree if you want to make a habit of going rounds against the sharks. Thus, you may have to compromise ET a bit to win consistently at first depending on the level the competition, but that's the nature of the beast in brackets anyway. Maybe lobby your track operator for the occasional Sportsman Tree event. Sorry if this is preachy or, worse, obvious.

Art

Thanks Brent. What makes me mad is I thought that would be the last turbo I ever needed...lol.

Kendall...thanks for the invite. Sorry, I got out of IRC some time ago and I really don't want to get back into the politics of it.
Can you send me Dave's email though...I'd sure like to talk to him.
And yep, I think bigger is needed....funny though, my wife also kept telling me my turbo was too small. :)

Art, I ordered a twin setup back in Jan or Feb. After 3 months of waiting I gave up. And I was thinking about talking to ATR about theirs but I may have my engine refreshed this winter and I haven't made up my mind whether I want to have the stage 2 heads installed that I have sitting here ...or stay with the M&A's.
With my luck I'd order one set and end up needing the other.

And no, not at all on the preaching. I asked for and enjoy receiving advice from all you fast people.

One more thing I'd like to harp on before we put this thread to rest....I need better 60's. The best I ever did was a 1.51. And last Saturday's 1.56 was the 2nd best. Normally I'm in the 1.6's and that ain't helping. I used to think that it was ALL the poor track conditions at our local track...but after going to Woodburn, Or, and still not getting good 60's there I'm wondering if it's my car. Someone once told me I had a bent frame and recently I found someone 80 miles away who has a 4 wheel scale setup that I'll probably take my car to. If it's bent it's the right rear side that's "up" ...... so last Sat I put the right air bag at 31 lbs....and with zero lbs in the left airbag I got the 2nd best 60 ever.

So anyway, thanks to all for helping and offering advice.

Chris

Back