You can type here any text you want

Ran the 1/8th mile for the 1st time

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

Still basically stock setup.

60 ft. 1.85

ET 8.31

MPH 85

Reaction time .55

I was happy with that in the car's current state. Spanked a 2002 Camaro SS.

Muscle car challenge coming up next weekend. I think I 'll go ahead and crank that boost up a little.:cool:

Dang..thats great. Nothing wrong with 8.30's..

Just to assume the obvious..your locking the converter,your running it with the motor under 160 degrees at the starting line, your monitoring knock like a hawk, and 1.85 on street tires is good..all you need is to get that MPH to 90-92 with a 1.6-1.7 and low 12's are yours...drop a couple gallons of xylene in the tank while its low with some marvel mystery oil and up the boost 3-4 lbs..your there..problem is when you crank up the boost a little..there goes the 60 foot. :p

So we'll see what kind of a driver you are ;)

Remember..watch the knock..you can always make another pass..

You mentioned temperature. I noticed that as the car got hotter, the slower it ran. I made a couple of passes where the car did not cool off adequately between runs, and it sure made it slower.

Nahh it cant be.. :D :D

I usually wait 30-45 minutes at least between runs and do what I can to get it to the line as cool as possible.I have a switch wired to my high temp sensor that I switch on and runs the fan for like 10-15 minutes. Helps tremendously cooling the car of. Thats the little sender on the front of the intake torwards the drivers side..believe its a green/yellow wire..if you ground its connection..the high speed fan turns on.

Icing the intake doesnt work. I'll save you the trouble. All it does is create a mess. Nothing beats good old waiting.

I'll leave ya with these crumbs :)

Almost forgot..that 85 mph run translates to 110 in the 1/4 assuming everything is running normal/in tune..

TIA

Back