You can type here any text you want

Rare 87 T Type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gearhedjon

1987 T Type 117,000 miles. Touring suspension 307 Olds motor Spotless interior
Sliver with grey bucket seat interior. Power windows, Tilt, Cruise, A/C New tires. Pictures available upon request. Please call 936-594-8005 or E-mail me

1987 T Type 117,000 miles. Touring suspension 307 Olds motor Spotless interior
Sliver with grey bucket seat interior. Power windows, Tilt, Cruise, A/C New tires. Pictures available upon request. Please call 936-594-8005 or E-mail me
hmmm, it must be very rare, as they didnt make a t-type in 1987, and they never offered one with a v8...

price?

hmmm, it must be very rare, as they didnt make a t-type in 1987, and they never offered one with a v8...

price?

Actually they did offer the "T" package on some V8 Regals, they are actually pretty rare. Desireable??? Not so much as they don't have the LC2 :cool:

Yea 'T' package was just another option ....

Actually they did offer the "T" package on some V8 Regals, they are actually pretty rare. Desireable??? Not so much as they don't have the LC2 :cool:

No LC2 and therefore no bulge in the hood, but otherwise a spittin' image (T badges, wheels, blackout and interior) of the Turbo version to the casual eye. An acquaintance has V8 that's a body double to my white T. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but will send him a request for one. HIs wife is convinced his is a 'performance car' cause it has an 8 not a V6.:rolleyes:

here in the bronx im not to far from yonkers,and there is an 87 t has a little black and red letter emblem on the fenders,it is a 307 garbage car.also its for sale guys name is vinny ehhhh

Right on

No LC2 and therefore no bulge in the hood, but otherwise a spittin' image (T badges, wheels, blackout and interior) of the Turbo version to the casual eye. An acquaintance has V8 that's a body double to my white T. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but will send him a request for one. HIs wife is convinced his is a 'performance car' cause it has an 8 not a V6.:rolleyes:

Totally correct. Here is proof (pics arent the best).
The story on my went something like: In 1987 an older gentleman walked in to the local dealership and wanted to buy a silver Grand National. He was told he could only get it in black but he could order a T- Option ( some say T -Type). When he went down the option list and got to the v6 he said he was going to pull his boat and wasnt confident in the reliability of a turbo v6 (not my words). So the salesman ordered the t package with a V8 instead. It is identical in just about every way. Interior and exterior. Mine has the digital dash, buckets, console, pwr, sport suspension w/posi, T tops , working AC and all the other options less the bulge hood. Performance wise its definately a slug but for everyday driving its great. I wish the older gentelman had got the Turbo v6 :biggrin: but in a way I actully am glad he didnt cause I probably couldnt have afforded to buy it or drive it much. I was quite suprised per the orignl window sticker he paid 17K for it in 87 without a turbo ! Not sure what a new GN cost then but I know I bought my LX 5.0 in 87 for 11K.

Attachments

• 64Catalina 025.jpg
    64Catalina 025.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 342
  • rporesize.jpg
    rporesize.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 340
The T stood for "Touring" package. Buick had several makes with this option. The car is identical except for the hood, the turbo six engine was an option on the regal version or you got the the non-turbo V-8.

Back