Rattle Locations in Buick

orion

Im installing subwoofers in the trunk of my 87 GN. Im thinking of a small setup by todays standards 2 10'' alpines most likely, 300w continuous each. I was where the trouble spots for rattleing were located in the car so i could deaden them ahead of time.

Ones I have found...

-taillights to body.. make sure is something in between
-license plate holder... this one drives me nuts. still havent fixed that one yet
-3rd brake light..see that the rubber seal on the back isnt against the rear window or you'll hear it. you may have to adjust it forward.
-trunk latch... just adjust the rubber stops to get a good tight seal so there isnt up and down movement of the trunklid
-dome light lens.. make sure that is in tight
-on vinyl top cars, the trim around the top is a pita to stop
-rear molding above window (inside car) ...stuff with foam
-thin metal piece at outside base of rear window..I used spray foam for that piece
-if using the "package tray shelf" to put the box on, I would suggest some material on that underneath the box.

those are the major ones I can think of off hand when I did mine. you might also get the rear qtrs vibrating a little, so youll want to put some damping material on those as well.

if there are others... believe me, youll find em soon enough :D

To fix the liscense plate rattle, put some thin foam or dampening mat (non-foil backed mat) between the plate and the holder.