You can type here any text you want

rattling front brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

paul87t

My front callipers rattle like crazy and its driving me nuts. I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem, yet I can't find any other post discussing it. Is there a spring or something to stop this? Is there a part number? Where do I go to get it? O'reilys couldn't find it. A picture would be great. I did find a spring/clip laying on one calipar and shoved it in where I thought it would go. It stopped the rattle but only lasted one day. Then I shoved a piece of rubber in there and that lasted about 3 days. The rattling is most noticeable at low speeds and particularly in parking garages.

My front callipers rattle like crazy and its driving me nuts. I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem, yet I can't find any other post discussing it. Is there a spring or something to stop this? Is there a part number? Where do I go to get it? O'reilys couldn't find it. A picture would be great. I did find a spring/clip laying on one calipar and shoved it in where I thought it would go. It stopped the rattle but only lasted one day. Then I shoved a piece of rubber in there and that lasted about 3 days. The rattling is most noticeable at low speeds and particularly in parking garages.
\
ROTOR WARPED?

Your probrobly missing the spring clips, there is one for each brake pad. Some pads come with them, others dont and they need to be tranfered from the old pads or you can get new ones in the service kit(also comes with new retaining pins and clips)

I was able to get the spring clips from Napa. I wasn't able to find them from O'Reilly or Autozone. The clips seemed thicker than the one I found laying next to the caliper. It made the calipers go back together hard. But now my brakes don't rattle any more. Cool. :)

Mine were rattling after I put new pads on, so I bent the springs clips a little so they had more tension.

Back