? re: TCC lock-up

V6POWER

Help me understand this. If the stock TC locks at about 45 mph, why doesn't it stay locked at above 45 mph under WOT? Why do we manually have to lock it or have the chip programmer do it?

I have an Extender chip that I had programmed to lock at 45 mph under normal driving but I also have it lock at 75 mph at WOT. I use this chip for normal city/highway driving. Will this be hard on the converter having two lock-up points?

Thanks for any help with these questions.

Originally posted by Look Quick
Help me understand this. If the stock TC locks at about 45 mph, why doesn't it stay locked at above 45 mph under WOT? Why do we manually have to lock it or have the chip programmer do it?
That's simply because GM didn't intend the TCC to be applied at WOT so they programmed the chip so it wouldn't.

I have an Extender chip that I had programmed to lock at 45 mph under normal driving but I also have it lock at 75 mph at WOT. I use this chip for normal city/highway driving. Will this be hard on the converter having two lock-up points?
Nope. With the WOT apply point being at 75 mph, it'll rarely see this condition on the street. (Depending how you drive of course.:p)