You can type here any text you want

Rear anti-roll bar and small springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackracing

I am looking to install a rear ARB the kind that goes over top of the axle and am wondering who has installed the smaller diameter rear springs[ stock location] and what brand / poundage did you use. Space is tight and I need a bit more room. Thanks

TRZ ARB ,qa1 12-150 (2.5" coil over spring) , wolfe racecraft weld in adjustable perches on the axles to adjust the ride height
has glass bumper, no spare and the 150s were fine

Here is mine do far. Have not put the anti roll in. Got from trz. Adj spring perches with 12/130 springs

Attachments

• 1433874028006.jpg
    1433874028006.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 152
youll have better clearance for exhaust if you mount the trz behind the shock

i could have got murphs 3" atr tailpipes to clear with some cutting and welding but he liked the idea of loosing 15lbs , and he kinda likes the sound with the turn downs

that setup on murphs has been consistent 1.33s with 275x mickey pros

i set him there and it looks to be fine on the launch ,slight seperation from the body the front wheels extend to the stops on the trz upper arms and barely lift... launch looks soft like it should only be a 1.8x but hes pulling 1.33s

i could have got murphs 3" atr tailpipes to clear with some cutting and welding but he liked the idea of loosing 15lbs , and he kinda likes the sound with the turn downs

that setup on murphs has been consistent 1.33s with 275x mickey pros
thats what i have is the old atr 3" and it is gonna take a bit of work to make it clear. Those are nice short times, my current set up is way hostile on the tires and I need to step up a bit. Appreciate the input.

my 87ttop is a little different with coilovers , wolfe arb, moser 9" and ic relocate uppers but what i did would clear with a stock location spring and std shocks
i built a 3.5" single shot that fit with some dimpling ..but couldnt stand the sound . so i went with an old terry houston stainless 2.75" dual with magnaflows, cut back a little off the bottom corner of the relocate buckets and then tweaked the last bend of tails to make them exit level .. its in there and i like it so much better than a single or turn downs

Attachments

• 0313151319.jpg
    0313151319.jpg
    713.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
my 87ttop is a little different with coilovers , wolfe arb, moser 9" and ic relocate uppers but what i did would clear with a stock location spring and std shocks
i built a 3.5" single shot that fit with some dimpling ..but couldnt stand the sound . so i went with an old terry houston stainless 2.75" dual with magnaflows, cut back a little off the bottom corner of the relocate buckets and then tweaked the last bend of tails to make them exit level .. its in there and i like it so much better than a single or turn downs
We are going with the QA1 stock location DA coilovers pacecarta, Making our own mounts and bar set up. I will post up some pics this weekend

Anti roll all that is left and adjust pinion angle.

Attachments

• 1434731418039.jpg
    1434731418039.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 93
Anti roll all that is left and adjust pinion angle.
i set him there and it looks to be fine on the launch ,slight seperation from the body the front wheels extend to the stops on the trz upper arms and barely lift... launch looks soft like it should only be a 1.8x but hes pulling 1.33s
T bone looks like we are doing the same thing...she's still wearing your valve covers :). Pacecarta can you give me a starting point on the shock adjustments?...... Im am going to do the fronts in a few weeks and was thinking 450 pound springs?...... Not sure on that and if anyone has an opinion on the front springs for the qa1 coilovers I would appreciate it. We made the mounts top and bottom.....IMG_6806 (2).jpg IMG956759 (2).jpg IMG_9876 (2).jpg IMG_7223 (2).jpg IMG_4387 (2).jpg I think the wheel well height is 28 1/4" right now. Putting the anti-roll on this weekend.

T bone looks like we are doing the same thing...she's still wearing your valve covers :). Pacecarta can you give me a starting point on the shock adjustments?...... Im am going to do the fronts in a few weeks and was thinking 450 pound springs?...... Not sure on that and if anyone has an opinion on the front springs for the qa1 coilovers I would appreciate it. We made the mounts top and bottom.....View attachment 257212 View attachment 257213 View attachment 257214 View attachment 257215 View attachment 257216 I think the wheel well height is 28 1/4" right now. Putting the anti-roll on this weekend.
She looking good. Give me a shout sometime.

Back