You can type here any text you want

Rear body bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fmster

How do I remove the rear body bushings? How do I get to the nut on top of the screw if there is one,because you cannot get to it from the trunk.Thanks:confused:

Not easily...

How do I remove the rear body bushings? How do I get to the nut on top of the screw if there is one,because you cannot get to it from the trunk.Thanks:confused:

There is a stamped captured nut between the bottom rail of the trunk and the floor. You have to cut the trunk floor out to get at the nut. Not easy or fun. I had to do mine.

There's a picture in my body bushings photo album that shows how I repaired it.

There is a stamped captured nut between the bottom rail of the trunk and the floor. You have to cut the trunk floor out to get at the nut. Not easy or fun. I had to do mine.

There's a picture in my body bushings photo album that shows how I repaired it.

Thanks fellas for the reply. I figured that I had to cut the floor in trunk because mine is stripped or rusted loose,(the nut)Bolt keeps spinning but does not come off. Thanks .

Unless the captive nut is rusted to the point of being no good anymore you certainly don't need to cut anything, just unscrew the bolt from up through the holes in the frame.​

Back