You can type here any text you want

Rear body fillers........ help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GN_ponykillr

Buick addict
Hey guys I'm going to get a fresh paint on my 78' SC soon and I need to get some rear body fillers. Anyone know who makes the best ones? I have used the Danko ones on my 84' & 87' but I don't see that they make ones for the 78's. Who makes the best fitting ones for the 78' body? TIA Adam

I dont know who makes the best ones but i bought a pair for my 79 and they were very lousy, ended up going with a pair of used origionals off ebay. cant remember the brand i bought

Gotcha how bad were they? Cut issues or fitment issues? I just need something to fill in the gap I dont care if they have a gap I just would need them to fit.

they were from a company called keystone, they fit and filled the void, but none of the holes lined up, and each side was 2 pieces glued together, to fit them i had to do a lot of cutting and file all the holes out, i just didnt want to put them on my car thats why i found good used ones, although i think i got lucky when i found them.

Try the ones found at Gbodyparts.com at the link below. I used the ABS style front and rear ones they offer for my 81 and they work well. There was very very slight elongating of the holes needed but nothing big at all. The greatest thing about these is they are guaranteed not to sag.

GBodyParts.com Online

Aaron

Try the ones found at Gbodyparts.com at the link below. I used the ABS style front and rear ones they offer for my 81 and they work well. There was very very slight elongating of the holes needed but nothing big at all. The greatest thing about these is they are guaranteed not to sag.

GBodyParts.com Online

Aaron

Cool info Aaron. BTW, how's the NA car doing at the drags this year? You still running her?

The progress on that project got put on major hold with a job position change (lots of travel) and the birth of my first son. A lot of time has been put in both of those!! I have still maintained the car and tweaked with it a little, but anything that requires much investment has been put on hold. I need to get new gears (2.41's now) and a better converter (stock now) before I embarass myself at the track.

My plan is to just go pretty much all out with it. I live in the suburbs and dont plan on road tripping the car, so 4.10's and a 3000-3500 converter wont kill me. The problem right now is time/money for those. I will hopefully be reaping the benefits of the new job position soon as a bonus is on the way. I'll probably dump it straight into the gears/converter.

Aaron

The progress on that project got put on major hold with a job position change (lots of travel) and the birth of my first son. A lot of time has been put in both of those!! I have still maintained the car and tweaked with it a little, but anything that requires much investment has been put on hold. I need to get new gears (2.41's now) and a better converter (stock now) before I embarass myself at the track.

My plan is to just go pretty much all out with it. I live in the suburbs and dont plan on road tripping the car, so 4.10's and a 3000-3500 converter wont kill me. The problem right now is time/money for those. I will hopefully be reaping the benefits of the new job position soon as a bonus is on the way. I'll probably dump it straight into the gears/converter.

Aaron

Congrats on the kid and the job. You sure you wouldn't be better of with a set of 3.42s instead? I've got a set with carrier I'd let go fairly cheap if you're still running the 7.5 rear. Not posi but you can get a spool cheap enough

Back