You can type here any text you want

Rear end of My GN leans to the left ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mrneg9

Get Some !
Hey guys I recently bought a sweet 1987 GN. I notice that if you look at the car from the rear the left side rear (Drivers Side) seems to sit lower than the other side. (Passenger side) If you were to put a level on the trunk the bubble would go right. Tires have the same amount of air.

What do you thing the problem is here. Springs, Shocks ????

Thanks, D

Ok

The car has only 56,000 miles on it and its all stock. I dont belive it has air bags and I cant see the body bushings being bad. I was hoping changing out the springs would correct the problem. I will check these things out and post it when I do find out what is causing it. Thanks Derek

It's not the mileage, it's the years. Gravity and deterioration occurs just form time and sitting....in fact with some things, just sitting is worse. But Im sure its nothing major. Check springs, shocks, bushings, etc. Yes, I said shocks. They can affect how a car sits, even sitting still. Good luck.

Get under the car with a tape measure. Check from top spring seat to bottom spring seat, see if there is a difference.
Inspect bushings, measure if there is a difference on each side between the frame and body. Keep in mind the G-bodies are notorious for missing body bushings from the factory.
Do a little snooping around under there and you should find the culprit.

Ok

I will get a chance tomorrow to check it out. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the info guys. D

just park it on level concrete and start measuring from the bottom of the car to the ground at various points on the frame and body, making sure to write it all down so you can tell where things are wonky. start at the front bumper and work to the back.
it might not be a bad idea to throw in a few diagonal measurements from side to side and front to back on the frame.
keep in mind that factory tolerances were probably pretty loose in the mid 80's- if it's within 1/4" left to right and front to back, it's probably "good enough" for a factory built car.

Back