You can type here any text you want

Rear Suspension Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grkgn

How is the UMI trail arms as opposed to Hotkins i had hotkins on one of my other cars and it was great but too expensive anyone have UMI on their cars?

Thanks

I am not sure how those arms are. Here is what I will be going with when I get my front suspension finished:

http://www.scandc.com/currectrac.htm

Here is what I am doing with my front suspension:

http://www.scandc.com/suspensions.htm#streetcomp2

Sorry this does not answer your direct question, but I believe the products offered by SC&C to be pretty good. I have discussed this setup with several members who own G-bodies (TRs/Montes/Cutlasses) and they are extremely pleased with it, saying their cars launch harder and corner a lot better. Maybe an option you want to consider.

Rob

I like my UMI setup (adjustable uppers)
Got rid of my wheel hop.
Nice firm ride.

I have the Currietrac lowers and Edelbrock uppers on my GS. Will eventually put the same on the GN. I think the only improvement on this setup is to replace the poly bushings at the axle with rubber bushings. With this setup you have spherical bushings at the frame which helps reduce binding in the suspension.

There is some testing that shows that even with this setup there is some binding due to the poly bushings on the axle. When I tested my setup it seemed to have no bind, drives and rides great. I always setup suspensions fairly soft with good shock control and big sway bars. In my opinion anything that puts all poly bushings at the rear are junk. Ok for drag racing but stinks for all around performance.

The company you are looking at seems to be associated with Howe Racing. We used to race against Ed Howe and then his kids. I alway thought about using some his stock car stuff on the street.

I am running BMR tubular fully adjustable uppers with the spherical bearings at the frame side and the stock rubber bushings at the rear. The lowers are Global West tubular with spherical bearings at the front of the rear control arms and Del-A-lum bushings at the rear of the controla arm, and was told by both BMR and Global West to not lock up the fourth position (Upper rubber bushings) with poly or anything solid, nor run the bar that goes from 1 side of the rear end to the center. Both advised that at least 1 of the 4 positions needs to be reasonalby free in movement. I swear by Savitske products and Savitske Company attitude, but decided to go with BMR uppers and Global West lowers, and have never regretted that decision. I also am planning on running Savitske uppers on the front end.

I have the UMI's on mine (even came with the driveshaft loop) Excellant fit and work great!!

Wells said:
I am running BMR tubular fully adjustable uppers with the spherical bearings at the frame side and the stock rubber bushings at the rear. The lowers are Global West tubular with spherical bearings at the front of the rear control arms and Del-A-lum bushings at the rear of the controla arm, and was told by both BMR and Global West to not lock up the fourth position (Upper rubber bushings) with poly or anything solid, nor run the bar that goes from 1 side of the rear end to the center. Both advised that at least 1 of the 4 positions needs to be reasonalby free in movement. I swear by Savitske products and Savitske Company attitude, but decided to go with BMR uppers and Global West lowers, and have never regretted that decision. I also am planning on running Savitske uppers on the front end.

I am in total agreement. Do everything possible to reduce bind. Y

Back