You can type here any text you want

Rear Sway Bar Installation for dummies

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Member # 77

Okay please do not beat me up too bad for this question.
The rear sway bar connects to the control arms with 4 bolts, 2 on each side.

Is there any clamps that connect the sway bar to the axle housing?
I was given a sway bar from a friend and he told me it just bolts up.
But I have seen on other cars there is U bolts going around the axle housing and connecting with bushing to the sway bar.
Is the Regal Sway bar only connected to the control arms?

I am sorry if I am getting my part names mixed up.
Just learning

Jim

The stock style sway bar only bolts to the lower control arms. No clamps to the rear end axle tubes.

HR Parts N Stuff is the company that makes the other bar referred to. Doesn't clamp to your control arms at all. Clamps to the axle tubes and then you attach brackets to the rear crossmember and links attach to the brackets and the ends of the bar. Helps with getting an even launch when racing.

Thanks everyone who gave me fast replies!
Now I am not so confused.

You all ar the greatest!

I JUST installed the HR bar on my car a few hours ago. If you are near Chesapeake in the next week feel free to stop by and check it out!

Thanks WTH T-Type,

I will get back with you when the weather get warmer. Then I will take the "Limited" out for a spin. Decal work is going to be done after the 15th.

It's a really limited time offer. I leave the area this Friday for training to go to Guantanamo Bay for a year as a prison guard.

Have a safe trip. Those that place was closing. LOLOLOLOLOL ROFLMAO! Now our wonderful President of offering us a 1. something % pay raise. Smallest pay raise since 1972. He wasnt kidding when her said he was talking about "Change". Hurry back and be safe.

Jim
25 Years USAF and still Active Duty.

Back