You can type here any text you want

Rear UCA's and bushing install....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beast_TR

I am getting ready to change the rear UCA's and bushings and was wondering if anyone has any tips? I know the puller from H&R is the best way to go but unfortunately I don't have the time nor funds at the moment so I have to do with what I got. The instructions that came with the bushings mentioned drilling the rubber out until the metal center piece can be removed and that seems the best way for me given what I got. Anyone have experience doing it that way? Or is there another way you found that works better? Also how hard were the bushings to install? Any tips other than a hammer and piece of wood that was recommended?

I drilled them to before I got the HR tool .. I know you "don't have the time" BUT your goin to need it . PITA but it can be done .. Getting them out is the easy part :cool:

Well we got it done, getting them out wasn't too bad, and installing them wasn't too bad either. I ended up having a solid chunk of billet I was going to use to make a solid engine mount for another car with a 1/2" hole drilled with a long 1/2" bolt that fit perfect in the bushings hole. We were able to pound that with a BFH and that got the bushing's seat properly, the directions suggested a piece of wood but were were getting no where with that.

Everything went pretty smooth for the most part and what a difference, the car seems more "planted" during launches and when it breaks traction it is more controlled and doesn't "kick" to the side like it did before. Looking forward to doing the lowers with a bigger sway bar.

Back