You can type here any text you want

Rear upper arm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

belsie

Tips on replacing bushings at housing for rear upper control arm replacement , do any of the new uppers come with all bushings needed?

Thanks in advance................

H&R Parts and stuff makes a bushing removal tool for the rear. I have one and it makes the job easy. Not sure if all rear upper arms come with new rear end bushings, mine did from DSE. If not most vendors carry those bushings as a set. If you do need a set and want Polyurethane, I have a brand-new set from energy suspension in the For Sale section.

You can also use a ball joint press, works great. You can rent them at any parts store or buy one for about $40-$60. A lot cheaper than the HR tool.

Tried the ball joint press method. I would have been better off with a rock. The hr tool made it a 10 minute job.

The one I rented was a cheap part store one and ended up mangling one of the bushings.

Does anyone have the tool they want to loan out? I really hate to buy one for something I'll probably only do once...

Back