You can type here any text you want

Rear whine & pinion angle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
What's the source of the whine coming from the rear that most TTA's have? I remember hearing/reading something something about a bearing(s) that tend to whine after time...I need details/specifics please.
Lastly, what do you all run for a rear angle?...currently I run -2*.

TIA

Is it a howl that happens when you decel? Or is it a constant whine.

The howl comes from tweaking the ring gear. Whine would be bearings.. pinion bearings.

Would you like some cheese with that Whine :eek: :biggrin:

Razor said:
Is it a howl that happens when you decel? Or is it a constant whine.
Seems to come and go at certain speeds on both accel and decell.

The howl comes from tweaking the ring gear. Whine would be bearings.. pinion bearings.

That's what I thought.

Would you like some cheese with that Whine :eek: :biggrin:

Mr.Electricity, inventor, and a stand up comedian....stick to the first two my friend ;)

PS...I'll get that $$$ out to ya real soon....payday is Friday.

Razor in this post you said the howl would come at decel? Have you ever heard one howl really loud under light acceleration? Thanks

What's the source of the whine coming from the rear that most TTA's have? I remember hearing/reading something something about a bearing(s) that tend to whine after time...I need details/specifics please.
Lastly, what do you all run for a rear angle?...currently I run -2*.

Joe, You should be running 0° on the street. Running the -2° will knock out the seal, bearing and cause gear wear. When the pinion is too deep into the ring it will cause a whine which will get louder with speed increase. The -2° is for launching not driving.

Back