You can type here any text you want

Rear Window Leak?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crazqban

The Power of the DarkSide
Hey guy's,
I have a leak threw the rear window.:mad: It is coming in thru somewhere and then out thru the plastic cover holding up the head liner. The weather stripping on the rear is fine. I was wondering if there is some sort of way to adjust the hinges on the window to cause it to put more pressure on the weather stripping?:confused: Or if any of you have had this problem and have a way to fix it. I will take some pic's and post them in a little bit.

Are you sure the window is leaking and not the t-tops. I've seen the water come in around t-top seals then travel all over the place. My dad had an 88 TA years ago and they tracked down leaks for over a month. Tore the entire headliner, speaker panels, pretty much every piece of trim out of the car. Just don't overlook the T-tops.

Good Luck

Is it dripping where the long trim plastic above the back seat are? If so ditto the above...look for a leak at the T-tops.

Bow Moulding.. this is the metal moulding that connects both T-tops.

Third gens are notorious for having issues here.

Back