You can type here any text you want

recovering seats

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

my fronts seats have some wear... i'm wondering what options we have as far as getting them recovered, etc.

is there a company that sells new covers for these cars? or something similar?

ps - i have leather seats.

I got mine from Jax Seat Cover Co. and are very pleased with them, had a local guy (I'm in the UK) install them for me (took him more time to take the seats apart and put them back together than actually installing the new upholstary). Color is perfect, grain etc is like original, leather is slightly thicker and feels more like real leather than the thinner original GM stuff.
http://www.jaxseatcover.com/tta/leather.cfm

I'm very pleased with them.

Also Carmotorsports offer new upholstary kits:
http://www.carmotorsports.com/leather.htm

Cheers

Jan

Got the Jax covers on mine as well. They are excellent. I did them myself in an afternoon. If you are fairly handy, you should have no problem. Good time to clean or replace the carpet while you're at it.:cool:

i guess jax it is...

do they have hog rings or how are they attached? (ie. do i need to get a special pair of pliers to install these?) ;)

From what I can recall, I re-used the rings off of my original seats.

The seat covers do not come with hog-rings so I guess you might be able to reuse your old ones or get some new ones. I had a upholsterer (spelling) install mine.

lol for the love of god

Do yourselves a favor and get new hog rings lol Cut the old ones out and pull the pieces out then just use new ones and go to town. Makes your lives a little easier and them little nasty things tend to be quite sharp..

Dying to have free $$$ to get new covers for mine, seems to be that the Jax covers are the best for us?

Funny side note, I work on Jaguars for a living and had to recover a drivers seat in a XKR-100 and the upper cover was almost 900$ and the lower was like $850 (ouch i know) and I still had to cut holes in both of them, one foir the seat switchpack and the other for the seat flip up lever to get into the backseat. Almost $2k and i still had to cut holes

later
JEremy

I bought from JAX too. The JAX covers are even better than the leather in mom's 2004 Le Sabre. The JAX leather is thick and soft with a nice grain, not thin and cheap like Ma's factory issue stuff.

For the price jax gets for those covers , you should be able to get new hog rings for free in the deal. They are cheap just hard to find. And I also discourage anyone from reusing the old hog rings.

Back