You can type here any text you want

Regal "Factory" Tach

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
LOOKS GREAT!

I love the way it looks. Please post the specifics either here or on the site! Just out of curiosity, is my perception skewed or is the dash identical to my old 78 Regal? If so, there must be tons of interior parts (or at least dash parts) out there to get completely radical with. Custom gauges and radio pods are just the tip of the iceberg!

Hey Rich,
I remeber it, It looks good installed. I still have not decided on what to put there...oil, knock, tach or even my vac/boost gauge.

It's a tach from a mid-80's Cutlass with the gauge package. There not too hard to find in the junkyard. The Cutlass bezel is riveted on. I removed it and used it for a template for the holes in the clock delete plate. The tach/faceplate is sitting in a Regal clock housing and the needle of from a Regal speedometer. The little screws are at Radio Shack. Lots of parts from different places.

One igintion wire from the fuse box, one tach lead wire to the distributor cap. The rest of the wiring is already at the pod.

Regal and RWD Century dashes are basically the same from 78-83.

What ever happened to this project? Did you finish it? Do you have any idea what the RPM's are or do you just watch the needle go up & down?:D

I didn't finish it yet.:o I guess it's become a winter project. I have that, wiring a TCC lock up switch and finishing the green light in the boost pod. I have the colored circles cut, I just need to put them on.

I also saw a neat cutter/printer at trade show. You could scan speedomete faceplate, photoshop it and then make stickers for a tach or speedo overlay.

Back