You can type here any text you want

Regal Limited for sale locally

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seffin

Car Audio GuRu
There is 1987 Regal Limited for sale locally. It has the 3.8 turbo in it and he said that it is not a swap. That the factory made 1035 of them. They were designed to be the luxury GN. Can anyone verify this is true? Can someone please help me out?

They where luxury REGALS.
Buick offered the 3.8 turbo as a option ,on them.
If it's real the 4th diget in the VIN will be "G" ,the 5th diget will be "M" & the
8th diget will be "7".

They where luxury REGALS.
Buick offered the 3.8 turbo as a option ,on them.
If it's real the 4th diget in the VIN will be "G" ,the 5th diget will be "M" & the
8th diget will be "7".

What do you think it is worth? It has close to 200,000 miles, no AC or AC components, and the interior is toast the leather seats all need to be redone and the headliner is sagging.

probably not much!

how does it run?
any work done to engine/tranny?
rust issues?
mods or original?

probably not much!

how does it run?
any work done to engine/tranny?
rust issues?
mods or original?

engine has a front mount powerstoke intercooler, fuel pump and regulator rjc boost controller, ta-49 turbo, engine is pushing 340 hp at 19lbs boost. This is what the seller e-mailed to me.

Is it real?

The whole story is in the VIN #. Look through the bottom of the windshield on the drivers side. If the eighth number is a 7 then it's a factor turbo car. If the fifth is an "M" then it is a Limited. And yes, they did make very few of those, not sure how many, maybe others can tell you. Lastly, I wouldn't call it a luxury GN, more like a luxury Turbo Regal. GN's were a separate production Regal based turbo car, always black with the black and gray interior.

Back