Relocation of Trans+

bob86gn

I want to relocate my Translator Plus into the console. I bought an extension kit from Ramchargers but it only had the extension for the coilpack lines. I was going to just fabricate the extensions for the stock MAF connection and the LT1 MAF connection.

Any problems with that wiring being too long?

Planning on soldered weatherpak connectors, any better ideas for the extensions?

Thank, Bob

I believe their extensions are about 6ft. long. Weatherpak connectors soldered should work fine. 16 gauge or maybe 18 gauge wiring should work well.

I got the T extension cables from Ramchargers. They're 6' long & you need 2 cables. I mounted my T+ under the dash on the plastic cover. I can get to it by laying on my back on the floor - I'm not planning on making a lot of adjustments on it. I still have to hook up the timing wire, & don't need the coilpak extension cable withit in it's present location.
Cables are $15 each.

Thanks guys. I figured since the interior is out of the car, it was the time to do all this stuff. Looks like I will be soldering some more tomorrow. I have already rewired all my auxilary gauges, added a small amp, CD changer, repainted the interior of the trunk and the quarters with POR15, redid the headliner and still haved to lay new rug and upholstery! All due to the installation of the roll bar.

Bob