removing engine and transmission

chiken

DUDE NICE MONTE!
i am pulling my motor this weekend, i assume i can pull the engine and trans out together correct?

yes that works fine. also some on here say too remove the motor from the side. although I have never don this

Never heard of pulling from the side. Only on a van,or if your hoist's wheels wont go between the front tires I suppose this would be the only reason.
Just a tip. Get a cutoff output shaft to replace the driveshaft in the tail of the tranny so you dont dump all the trannyfluid on the ground as you will have to tilt this quite a bit to get them out together.
If you don't need tranny work then just pull the motor,it is much easier.
Tom

I've always done em' separately too. It just seems easier in the long run, but, I could be wrong. I will say this though: last time I left the entire motor assembled, accesories and all, and pulled it out as one unit. That was no big deal, as long as someone's there to hold AC lines out of the way, etc.
And, I assume you know to either remove the hood completely, or at least unbolt it from the hood shocks, so it can be layed back further. It makes it a whole lot easier to get out, and you won't end up putting reverse dimples in the hood if you peg it with the motor and such.

I have always done things from the front of the car but my hoist is right up against the front bumper, maybe 1" at most. After putting the fiberglass bumper on I think I will go from the side. It looks to be easier and don't have to chance the hoist going into the bumper this way;)